Author Topic: Sykronians (Super4 Aliens)  (Read 2075 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Sykronians (Super4 Aliens)
« on: November 07, 2019, 19:12:01 »
There are two types of these green-faced beings, in sets 9411 (both) and 9408 (tall one only).

They are hard to pull apart becasue of their neckwear and helmet, but I managed it, here are the results.

1. Alien, Sykronian Leader (aka Boss Sykronian, short Sykronian)

Has a normal head (interchangeable with most other klickies), torso, skeleton and arms (with Dynasty shoulder extensions) and dwarf legs.

2. Alien, Sykronian (aka Expendable* Sykronian, tall Sykronian)

Has a head which is interchangeable with some other Super4 figures (Alex, Ruby, Gene) and (I think) the Spirit figures with slim torsos. Torso, skeleton and arms are different from those of typical klickies.

The two heads together:

* When we watched the original TV series of Star Trek, my brothers and I always referred to extras in James T Kirk's landing parties as Expendables. They ALWAYS ended up getting fried (or disolved, or eaten, or whatever). And, rather neatly, these Sykronians' faces resemble that weird alien face which appeared behind the Star Trek end credits. Happy DAys!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:34:19 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Sykronians (Super4 Aliens)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 19:35:49 »
Very interesting autopsy! The chubby guy is quite desirable. I am most impressed that you were able to dismantle him.

arms (with Dynasty shoulder extensions)

:lol: True! My happy days. :-[

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 20:26:32 »
I hadn't even bothered looking at those aliens previously; seeing them dismantled made me appreciate what good-looking torso the short alien has! And the legs too, it would be interesting to see how they look on a human.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 21:26:39 »
I hadn't even bothered looking at those aliens previously; seeing them dismantled made me appreciate what good-looking torso the short alien has! And the legs too, it would be interesting to see how they look on a human.

If you mean the tall one, I agree. But good luck with that. We can probably count in our fingers the options. And still have fingers left  >:(

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 15:23:41 »
If you mean the tall one, I agree. But good luck with that. We can probably count in our fingers the options. And still have fingers left  >:(

That's the one I meant! Indeed it's not too versatile, but the sash gives quite a bit of character – I'm thinking along the lines of a SciFi mayor. (Italian mayors for reference, external link)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 16:08:10 »
That's the one I meant! Indeed it's not too versatile, but the sash gives quite a bit of character – I'm thinking along the lines of a SciFi mayor. (Italian mayors for reference, external link)

Ah, no, the short one is perfectly normal... I mean as body types go :)   

It's a real shame the others EXIST, They are sooooo pointless.