Author Topic: An in between version of the 3527 and the 3761?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Sthermote

• Playmo Pal
An in between version of the 3527 and the 3761?
« on: November 12, 2020, 12:46:29 »
Hello everyone

I wanted to ask for your help and opinion about the set 3527 from 1987. Am I right to assume that this is maybe an "in between" version of the two more common sets 3527 (all green firm hands) and the more sophisticated 3761?
For several months I'm searching the net to find the manual or pictures from the original package all sides but sadly without luck... I already have the other two versions complete with manual and original box.
Would there be a fellow collector who has this same set with the original package and can upload some photos of the manual and package please? That would really be fantastic.

Many thanks and have a very nice day

P.S. Could it be possible that this set was only produced during one year 1987-> 1988 and for exlusive countries? Please correct me if I'm wrong and forgive the image quality. I had to make it 10 times smaller to upload.  :) :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: An in between version of the 3527 and the 3761?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 15:58:01 »
The 3527 set was produced from 182/183 to 1986/87.  The 3761 was produced from 1988/89 to 2002.  This is taken from the thir edition of Playmobil Collector.

The figures in the picture are not the ones for either the 3527 or 3761 sets.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 16:03:40 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sthermote

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 18:29:22 »
Hello

First of all thank you for your reply. At first I believed that as well. The years you're describing form the Playmobil Collector make sense and that's why I think it must be a very limited "in between" set... :)

I found the specific set (in already three books so far) that this actually is an official set by Playmo. I've added one book as an example.
I think that's why is so hard (or me to find a package and more information about it... I bought this set during summer but sadly without box or manual...
It would be so nice if someone else has this specific one as well and could help me. :)

Thank you again

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 04:01:06 »
Looking more closely at edition 3 of Playmobil Collector, I see there are two references to this set outside the main production.

On page 441 the set is shown under the Famobil name in Spain.  However, though the crane is shown with the Transport Union sticker on the jib, there does not appear to be a dark skinned figure in the set nor a figure with white arms.  No production dates are given, but the Famobl name was only used from 1976 to the mid-80s.

On page 355, under the heading Export Exclusive, the set appears and here it does have the dark-skinned figure and the figure with the white arms.  However, there is no Transport Union sticker on the crane jib.  The production date is shown as 1986 and there is a yellow five figure rating which means Very Rare.  The set was produced for export only but for which country?  The dark-skinned figure maybe suggests the USA.

EDIT: and here is the set sold on Worthpoint.com, a USA site.  Problem solved?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sthermote

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 08:39:51 »
First of all thank you for all the information. I've learned a lot.

If the set is very rare (according to the Playmo collectors) that could explain why I don't find the set with package and manual for months... Could France or UK also be an option as export countries? I'm asking because I found the set here in Belgium and that's a lot closer than the US... :)

Anyway, I'll broaden my searcharea to look for secondhand sites in the US as well. Wish me luck  :lol:

Have a very nice day

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 09:51:15 »
Firstly, welcome to the forum, Sthermote! It would be great if you could introduce yourself in the "Welcome" section of the forum.

I don't have any complete examples of the sets you mention, though its a great crane! I think playmofire has correctly identified your set as 3527, an 'Export Exclusive' as Collector calls it. I personally think this should be described as 3527 version 2, because it is very similar to the earlier version, but with different stickers and klickies (many sets were reissued with free-wrist klickies after 1980, but in this case the klicky colours were different too). As it is shown in that 1987 catalogue, maybe it was available everywhere (the addresses shown on the back of the catalogue suggest this catalogue was a global one).

The rarity rating in Collector needs not to be taken too seriously. I have no idea how the ratings were decided, or whether they relate only to MISB, or only to the collectors (mainly German, or at least European?) consulted by Axel Hennel when he compiled the book. But I quite often find the ratings don't relate to how often sets turn up on eBay and the like.

Good luck with your search!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Sthermote

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 09:38:29 »
Thank you again for your reply. You're absolutely right, 3527 v2 is a better name with makes more sense as an updated version of the original but with still a lot of similarities...
If I manage someday to find the set with her original package, I'll add photos here for everyone who needs them. :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:29 »
Yes please!
For now, I will add the two versions of 3527 to my 'Version Differences' list, when I have time. (Format of that page needs improvement too if i can find time....)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)