Author Topic: Fall of Ithaca  (Read 2152 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Fall of Ithaca
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:33:40 »
With the fall of the great Kingdom of Ithaca,
Aun Kerac gathers his council to discuss what is to happen now.

"Ithaca was a good friend of ours," the voice of the king booms through the hall. "But though they are gone there is still much about them we must discuss. Primarily, I have called you here in reference to the canal. We helped Ithaca build it, it was our engineers that prompted Ithaca to build, and we helped with our own work force, though the work was in a foreign land. Therefore we have paid for the canal by blood, and I see no reason that we should not take it."

A mumbling is heard throughout the great hall.

Then the Duke of Laitus spoke.

"I see it fitting and proper, we have so paid for the canal and therefore, with Ithaca no more, we should take command of the waterway and ensure our trade route."

"But," spoke the Count of Damland, "there are the other Kingdoms to consider. What should they think if we were to seize land? After all, the borders of the Kingdoms have been set, and many are apprehensive about another kingdom expanding. Were we not so when Krull began seizing land in the Northern Territories? Are we to be hypocritical?"

"I do not see it as being hypocritical," stated Lord Etir the Tourneyman, "Krull was seizing land that had never been theirs, and they did not buy it, but for the strength of their arms and the loss of their few men. Has not Rutileo bought this land by building it? Is it not ours by right, now that Ithaca is gone. And what if a new kingdom springs up from the ashes? One that is not so willing to trade. Or perhaps forces us to pay a larger toll then Ithaca so did. Yet the worst possibility, that they cut off the route to us entirely! Our trade with the southern kingdoms will vanish entirely. Pavelonia, Sweetwater, Flowerland, Belathre, all these kingdoms whom we trade extensively with will no longer be in our trading scope. Could we sustain our economy with such a collapse of import and export business? What if we could not? We could only declare war with this new kingdom to regain our lost resources, and how could that be better then taking the canal now? Would not the kingdoms see us differently for besieging another kingdom, then simply taking land that should rightfully be ours? The canal belongs to Rutileo."

"Then how to defend it?" Asked the Count. "For the canal is long, and such a thin strip of land will be most difficult... no, impossible to hold. If another kingdom were so inclined then they had no more then to reach out their hand and take it. What then? Our trade routes would be in even more jeopardy."

"The Island," said the prince, pointing to a map where the island, that had once held the capitol of Ithaca, was clearly seen. "Were we to rebuild the defenses on that Island then Rutileo would no longer be in danger of loosing our grip on the canal. The fort could withstand years of siege, and still not fall. Our navy would assemble, and the enemy could no longer even reach the island."

"Then by right of blood, and with a noble reason and reasonable mind, Rutileo can take the canal for our own," boomed Etir. "What say you Count of Nordurst?"

"I say we take the canal and give it home under the rightful kingdom," the Count stated.

"Then it is settled," Aun Kerac said raising the golden scepter, "The canal shall be brought under Rutilian control."

"Here, here," said the lords present, raising their left hands in the Rutilian way.

Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Fall of Ithaca
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:10:21 »
Great story, WoT! Very interesting.
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:29:25 »
Great story, the map now shows the area as part Rutilian to reflect their claim on it. Future stories showing the take over and solidification of ownership would result in solid colors.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:01 »
Thank you PlaymoMan! :)

And thank you Tim, I'll get started on that photostory right away. :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>