Author Topic: Help viewing photographs  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Help viewing photographs
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:51:23 »
My apologies if the answer to this one has already been provided. I did have a look but couldn't see one!

When I look at posts, there are those which have photographs I can see immediately and others where I see nothing. I know there are images there due to the appreciative comments of other members and am flummoxed as to why I am missing out! Any thoughts?

Lin
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Help viewing photographs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:26:12 »

I know this must be frustrating.

If the images are remotely hosted (e.g. uploaded at Photobucket, Image Shack, Flickr, etc) and inserted into posts via a link, we have no control over what happens if they should be deleted from those websites.

That could be what has happened to the missing images. I think this is especially likely if they are showing up as blanks in older topics where the members are not active here any more.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 14:45:48 »
What are the dates of the posts with missing photos? If you're getting a red X the link is broken and the target picture is no longer there.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 20:58:25 »
I continually review my pictures posted into topics to make sure they don't become victim to missing & have found them disappear for no reason. I then go back into the topic, delete the original picture, & reprocess it to be available to be seen again.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:40:56 »
It is a case of the post is perfect looking but there is no photo...no link, nothing.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda