Author Topic: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt  (Read 3717 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 20:05:38 »
For what purpose?

No idea. Remember: it isn't my complaint, nor my decision. I'm just trying to foster some understanding for what you are (or aren't  8}) seeing.

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 20:14:03 »
Quote from: Klickteryx link=topic=18003.msg32gb5329#msg325329 date=1706212983
Not so far, maybe later in the year. How many iconic cars are left? Would people buy a beetle if it had the Herbie racing colours, or the mini if it were a Mr Bean set?

Love to see a 1973-1975 BMW 2002 Turbo...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 20:48:23 »
I took this from JLM's Playmobil in the News topic, is this for real?

And is anyone equally excited about it?  ;D

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 23:06:17 »
I'm still hoping for a Miami Vice Ferrari (either the original convertible or the white Testarossa) with both Crockett and Tubbs.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2024, 00:13:05 »
Love to see a 1973-1975 BMW 2002 Turbo...

Yes please Geobra

We didn’t have the turbo

We were after the 70’s 2002 Tii in our area
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2024, 00:13:37 »
I'm still hoping for a Miami Vice Ferrari (either the original convertible or the white Testarossa) with both Crockett and Tubbs.

Oh my god, it’s someone else’s picture from the internet , pirate-bay all over again , oh wait this isn’t klickywelt …..never mind
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2024, 06:52:39 »
I took this from JLM's Playmobil in the News topic, is this for real?

And is anyone equally excited about it?  ;D

It is true! The links for the sets are already reserved on the website of Playmobil. Normally they will be released later this year. Rumours are also getting louder about a certain train… but so far those are just rumours.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2024, 07:49:55 »
It is true! The links for the sets are already reserved on the website of Playmobil. Normally they will be released later this year. Rumours are also getting louder about a certain train… but so far those are just rumours.

Oh this is exciting! Thank you  :)

I can't imagine they'd re-release the Western train set  :o
... but I want it  :love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2024, 09:32:05 »
For what purpose?

I cannot answer this either, but it is no doubt something to do with news of new products being embargoed until a given release date. This is common practice with press releases, etc. and is presumably done for marketing or other commercial reasons. If I have understood correctly, Geobra launches many new products at the Nürnberg Toy Fair each January - starting on 30th January this year- and this is the 'Big reveal' event. We (the collecting community) should be grateful that Geobra allows klickywelt to give us a preview. Having been slapped on the collective wrists by summary termination of the PCC, we should have learnt that Geobra are likely to be very intolerant of breaches of etiquette (e.g. around embargoes), however annoying such exercise of their power may seem. (I am only speculating that the PCC was ended because of breaches of ettiquette by some members, by the way, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn this was a major factor).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2024, 12:07:47 »
The reason why Klickywelt members can see the catalogue of new releases early is because they are a sizeable numbe of collectors each of whom has a sizeable collection, i.e. they are a major market element, even within the context of the German market.

The reason why Playmobil don't want the pictures of the 2024 releases shared is because the annual German toy fair at Nurmeberg occurs round about this time of the year (30th Jan to 3rd Feb) and they don't want pictures released before the wholesalers and retailers have seen what's coming out.

So not "entitlement" on Playmobil's part (and in fact they hold the title to the pictures), but keeping your customers of all sorts on your side.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”