Author Topic: I've bought a Faller e-train  (Read 2623 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
I've bought a Faller e-train
« on: January 19, 2019, 17:14:52 »
I've finally succumbed to the temptation of the Faller e-train and bought.  No track yet but I've tested the loco by applying power to the wheels using a Playmobil controller and it works forwards and reverse, although it's a bit noisy. 

I'll buy some track next (has anyone ever tried to make LGB track dual gauge?) and some more realistic carriages and some goods wagons - the goods vans look especially attractive - and maybe a Faller controller as well.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: I've bought a Faller e-train
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 17:24:01 »
It's electric?  And different sized wheels? (sorry, I am not familiar with the words - I assume that is what you mean with gauge, but.. well... I don't know)

I really like the passenger cars!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 18:13:12 »
It's electric?  And different sized wheels? (sorry, I am not familiar with the words - I assume that is what you mean with gauge, but.. well... I don't know)

I really like the passenger cars!

Yes, it's electric, 12v off the mins via a transformers, like the Playmobil track powered ones, but a lower voltage.

The gauge is the width the rails are apart.  The Playmoil track is 45mm gauge and the Faller is 32mm.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 18:53:38 »
Yes, it's electric, 12v off the mins via a transformers, like the Playmobil track powered ones, but a lower voltage.

The gauge is the width the rails are apart.  The Playmoil track is 45mm gauge and the Faller is 32mm.

I see.. Thank you! Those are a no-no for me - the wagons/cars, I mean...  :-[

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 19:14:05 »
I see.. Thank you! Those are a no-no for me - the wagons/cars, I mean...  :-[

Oh, I thought you said that you liked them.  ???

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 20:00:18 »
Oh, I thought you said that you liked them.  ???

Yes, they are gorgeous! But if they do not fit the playmorails, they are out for me... (not that I would actually be HUNTING them, but... ;) )

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 20:18:24 »
Yes, they are gorgeous! But if they do not fit the playmorails, they are out for me... (not that I would actually be HUNTING them, but... ;) )

Ah, I'm with  you now.  I'm jut going to have a small layout as part of a Playmobil display as a miniature railway for the klickies to ride on.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 09:27:24 »
Faller e-train is true to scale 0. So it will also run on other 0-scale track (for instance Lionel).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 15:23:06 »
Thanks for that info, Marco.  O gauge track on the Continent seems much cheaper than buying over here and so I am looking at Faller track on eBay.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 17:11:22 »
Glückwunsch / congrats. A good purchase for sure. A dual gauge track will be an interesting endeavour. I've never seen something like that till now. So go ahead...  8}.

Acutally I found some time to spend with my Faller layout - hope new pics will be available soon. And I ofcourse also do hope to see a Faller layout with your trains soon  8-).

Ein Dreischienengleis LGB/Faller klingt interessant. Ich hab noch nie sowas gesehen - auf geht's  :D. Bei mir geht's jetzt wieder aweng voran und ich hoffe, bald neue Bilder zu haben. Auf Bilder von Dir hoffe ich natürlich auch  ::).

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)