Author Topic: North American forest (bml87)  (Read 7818 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Re: North American forest (bml87)
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 11:27:10 »
Wow, just wow. That last picture taken through the vegetation looks like it comes straight out of a movie. Being a layman when it comes to photography I have no idea if it's colour correction or something else, but all of these shots look impressive, and the diorama in itself does too.

I love how rich it is, all the little details and vignettes one can spot – the wolf stalking the gold diggers to name one. Great use of the bearskins too!

The fact you managed to fit a train track in there elevates the diorama even more. It's one of those creations you can't just watch once, you have to go back.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 18:09:38 »
Wonderful diorama and pictures  :love:

I love the way you compose a scenery down to the smallest detail and the feeling that we are peeking through a dense forest as a visitor marvelling at what is going on there  :lens:

Thanks, Karim! I tried to get the most out of this diorama in which (almost) no buildings are involved. It's easier to fill a room with details than an open forest. Although I tried to put a lot of forest animals in it! You can spot: squirrels, owls, birds, beavers, moose, bobcats, pumas, skunks, mice, racoons, snakes, geese, eagles, ducks, kingfishers and bears.

Awesome photos :)

And I love the water by the lodge - it looks great.

Thanks, tahra! A forest offers a lot of possibilities for pictures. I like to create the shadows and hidden spots! By the way, that water idea comes from a PlaymoFriend's member who hasn't been very active lately, but she's well known amongst us: bonniebeth! I got the idea from this topic. Great idea!

Great pics  :love:

Thanks, Captain!

Wow, just wow. That last picture taken through the vegetation looks like it comes straight out of a movie. Being a layman when it comes to photography I have no idea if it's colour correction or something else, but all of these shots look impressive, and the diorama in itself does too.

I love how rich it is, all the little details and vignettes one can spot – the wolf stalking the gold diggers to name one. Great use of the bearskins too!

The fact you managed to fit a train track in there elevates the diorama even more. It's one of those creations you can't just watch once, you have to go back.

Grazie! I used a filter on the pictures to create more warmth, otherwise the lighting looks really off...

the wolf stalking the gold diggers

It's actually a puma ;) , but I really liked the idea of the animal watching intruders! In the actual diorama the puma is watching the horses of the gang, but it was too dark for a picture, so I changed it for the occasion.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 01:49:01 »
Just came across this and I love the diorama. Very cool perspective for the photographs, definitely immersive. Love the technique used for water and thanks for sharing the link for the process involved for its creation...