Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77750 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Deluxe Toy & Hobby March 2018
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2018, 14:44:41 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Arctic Sets
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2018, 14:27:58 »
I've been sick for several weeks & unable to do too much. My old camera was finally replaced at the beginning of the month but I haven't been up for taking many photos. These are some of the 1st Playmo pics I've taken. The set-up is not very good as I wasn't really in the mood but I wanted some shots of the snowfall we had yesterday.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 16:43:36 by JLMatterer »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2018, 15:09:25 »
That’s really cool!!! Remembers me of my childhood, when I liked to take my Playmobil outside :-)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2018, 15:50:13 »
Those are some really great photos!!

Sometimes, I wish we'd get snow, but just.. well.. you know.. for a couple of hours to play ;D

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
9091 Roadster
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2018, 23:41:33 »
This is the new RC Roadster, with background & accessories coming from an Advent Calender of 2 years ago. I hadn't considered getting the other 2 RC vehicles released with this one, but I'm going to have to now, as this is pretty nifty & I love it. It's a fun piece.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 9091 Roadster
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2018, 16:08:11 »
It's a nice set, I can see why you like it, JLM!

I hadn't considered getting the other 2 RC vehicles released with this one, but I'm going to have to now, as this is pretty nifty & I love it. It's a fun piece.

You think a particular theme or some new sets are not for you, you can save some money there, then you get hold of one and you're hooked! It happened to me with 4340. Not my cup of tea at all, but when I got hold of one (in a mixed lot) I couldn't sell it. It's so neat, the way it folds up and the manufacture is so precise, it just feels good! Darn clever, those PM designers!

:paddy: (this icon is not relevant, but I wanted to use it anyway! I am easily impressed....)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 9091 Roadster
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2018, 16:15:38 »
This is the new RC Roadster, with background & accessories coming from an Advent Calender of 2 years ago. I hadn't considered getting the other 2 RC vehicles released with this one, but I'm going to have to now, as this is pretty nifty & I love it. It's a fun piece.

The klicky is gorgeous - and the car is nice too... I am trying to avoid those...

You think a particular theme or some new sets are not for you, you can save some money there, then you get hold of one and you're hooked! It happened to me with 4340. Not my cup of tea at all, but when I got hold of one (in a mixed lot) I couldn't sell it. It's so neat, the way it folds up and the manufacture is so precise, it just feels good! Darn clever, those PM designers!

I can relate.... And yes, it does happen that way!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2018, 23:21:17 »
During a long drive on Sunday, my partner was foolish enough to ask me what Playmobil I'd like to get next. I mentioned the Arctic Headquarters, so I can complete the series, & the other RC cars. The groundwork has been laid, I guess.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Druid 3944
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2018, 23:38:33 »
I saw this on ebay last month & was rewarded with my patience by having it still available on not only its last day but the same day in which I could afford it, which was Friday past. It arrived today (Monday). I'm happy with the little guy & also with how well my new camera is doing.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2018, 08:05:22 »
The druid is great, part of a great theme of which I still hope to get more of.