Author Topic: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?  (Read 20050 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?
« on: March 11, 2011, 18:49:45 »
This thread is following up on an idea that was born here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7376.0

There are a lot of us who collect mostly the modern themes, and as we have had some community events going on for those who collect medieval theme, and one happening now for the victorian theme, I was thinking, we really should do something for those of us who focus on modern themes.

I propose a modern "war," but not a serious one using modern armies and weaponry. :no: Instead, this would be a war between silly armies taken from modern playmobil themes. Some that have been proposed so far are firehose-wielding firemen, handbag-wielding angry mothers, poo-flinging zoo animals, and tranq dart-wielding policemen. I think it could be a lot of fun to see the "armies" people come up with, and the "weapons" their armies will be equipped with.

Of course, this is VERY early planning stages here, so we need to talk about exactly what we would do with our armies, what kind of event we are going to plan, if in fact anyone is interested. Any ideas, anyone? Thoughts?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 19:15:54 »
OMG I LOVE the idea!

i'm a fan of these themes and would definately be part of this - i don't know either how it would need to be carried out and can't contribute with ideas right now but i'll try to come up with some...maybe animal armies for us zoo/safari collectors? :knight: ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 19:23:23 »
Yes, I was thinking further on the animal armies, and since there are several of us who would want animal armies, maybe we can specify specific types of animal armies, not neccessarily one species, but you could have an army of bears, including all kinds, or a big cat army, with lions, tigers, leopards, cougars. And then there could be a poo-flinging primate army, gorillas, chimps, orangs, spider monkeys. Also a zookeeper army might be cool, but what would be their weapons? I'd have to think on that one.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 19:49:55 »
Since I collect some modern themes, can I join too please? If nobody wants to use the police theme can I? They are the most modern playmobil in quantity I have.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 19:51:24 »
Fine by me! What will your be your "weapons?"

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 20:04:47 »
sounds great! :yippee:

maybe we could split this into geographic regions were animals live? i.e. savannah, forest, artic, etc - just an idea

as for the zookepers - the first thing that comes to my mind is their zoo tools...but that might be a little boring. Maybe interesting accesories that we use for our zoos or animal themed sets? (the meerkat and bird feeders are very interesting accesories, but i don't know how a competition/war would go with that kind of pieces...)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 20:07:19 »
Fine by me! What will your be your "weapons?"

speed cameras, warning signs, traffic cones, handheld round sings... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 20:09:38 »
as for the zookepers - the first thing that comes to my mind is their zoo tools...but that might be a little boring. Maybe interesting accesories that we use for our zoos or animal themed sets? (the meerkat and bird feeders are very interesting accesories, but i don't know how a competition/war would go with that kind of pieces...)

stickbrooms and buckets...the ones they use to clean the cages!!!  ;) oh and pitchforks!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 20:10:35 »
sounds great! :yippee:

maybe we could split this into geographic regions were animals live? i.e. savannah, forest, artic, etc - just an idea

Well, since most people will probably have armies that consist of people instead of animals, I don't know how this would work.... OOh! Maybe our map could be of a town, rather than of a whole world, and our armies could come from different parts of the town -- the zoo, the safari park, the police headquarters, fire department, hospital, etc. How does that sound?

speed cameras, warning signs, traffic cones, handheld round sings... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Very good! You can whack people over the head with hand-held stopsigns!  :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 20:11:17 »
stickbrooms and buckets...the ones they use to clean the cages!!!  ;) oh and pitchforks!!!

Brooms and pitchforks are great! And then they could stick buckets over people's heads!  :lol: