Author Topic: Playmo fans meeting in Greece ???  (Read 25843 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmo fans meeting in Greece ???
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2010, 21:44:02 »
Bill this is exactly what I had in mind!!!

@ Giorginetto: Putting the ad at playmobill Hellas is also a brilliant idea...but I am reluctant as to how many real collectors trully visit ds there a lot. I might be wrong, and sure hope so that I am!

Not as much as you think, Giorginetto ;)! Remember how many parent/collectors are hiding behind the quote "it's for my children" until they find out there are many others who say like I have "my name is Bill Blackhurst, & I'm a Playmobil addict" & become free from their fear of isolation :love:! They may be dragging their children to Playmobil Hellas to fulfill their own addictions to which you will be giving them a refuge to pursue a fellowship with other closet collectors :lol: like ourselves! Consider it a possible public service :yup:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2010, 21:51:27 »
Not as much as you think, Giorginetto ;)! Remember how many parent/collectors are hiding behind the quote "it's for my children" until they find out there are many others who say like I have "my name is Bill Blackhurst, & I'm a Playmobil addict" & become free from their fear of isolation :love:! They may be dragging their children to Playmobil Hellas to fulfill their own addictions to which you will be giving them a refuge to pursue a fellowship with other closet collectors :lol: like ourselves! Consider it a possible public service :yup:!

but why people are shamed of liking playmibil?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2010, 01:41:04 »
It's my "opinion"..... that people other than the ones collecting, consider these items toys, & that they are for children not adults. This causes the adult collector to hide their obsession & keep them out of sight so they are not made to feel there is something wrong with their hobby.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2010, 04:39:40 »
It's my "opinion"..... that people other than the ones collecting, consider these items toys, & that they are for children not adults. This causes the adult collector to hide their obsession & keep them out of sight so they are not made to feel there is something wrong with their hobby.

I know the feeling...but hey! I would advise these people to go up and say what their hobby is! Like I do in toy stores: ''is is for a present sir?'' ''Nope, it is for me!!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2010, 14:08:09 »
I know the feeling...but hey! I would advise these people to go up and say what their hobby is! Like I do in toy stores: ''is is for a present sir?'' ''Nope, it is for me!!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very true! But in the past when I question adults about their Playmobil purchases at toy stores, they say they hunt deer, own a bass boat & enjoy fishing, like to ski, snow board, enjoy camping,...etc. I've never had a grown man admit to collecting Strawberry Shortcake memorabilia as a hobby, even though they just might ;)!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2010, 14:23:00 »
When I was in the UK I used to buy lots of Playmo sets ( still do  :lol: :lol:) and very often used to visit Toys R Us in Woking. Remember i used to fill trolleys with blue boxes and was pretty much proud of it... I think the previously mentioned comments are very valid however and thast easire said than done i think we ought to be proud of our hobby and collections which are harmless and very artistic  if you ask me  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 17:29:09 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2010, 18:13:43 »

Like I do in toy stores: ''is is for a present sir?'' ''Nope, it is for me!!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

well me to avoid the strange faces ,i don't say anything they don't even ask !!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2010, 19:48:15 »
i have call today the Playmobil hellas customer service and they have told me that ican order spare part but i have called after 14.00 and the customer service is closed after 14.00.i shall call them tomorrow morning and i shall try to give order.Lets see!! i'm in panic what should i order first.....200 swords no ....50 arrows....

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2010, 20:37:47 »
i have call today the Playmobil hellas customer service and they have told me that ican order spare part but i have called after 14.00 and the customer service is closed after 14.00.i shall call them tomorrow morning and i shall try to give order.Lets see!! i'm in panic what should i order first.....200 swords no ....50 arrows....

I still have not descided what to get....so may items....

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2010, 07:14:30 »
Very pleased to see that Playmobil Hellas is now taking parts orders. I would like to think our meeting and my pressure to take such order and speaking to their marketing and PRE manager has helped . Get klicking boys !!!! i want to buy about 800 spare items, the list is enormous  :-[ :-[ :-[
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: