Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY?  (Read 28179 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: WHERE ARE THEY?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 07:04:06 »
Speaking of where are they? What prompted your change in avatar Martin? I really enjoyed your Morris Dancer!

Gepetto

Just an accident, I saw the Morris Dancer wasn't showing up anymore so I put something else up temporarily. I don't know why the dancer wasn't showing, but I was only seeing a box with a red cross.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 01:36:27 »
Hi Gustave,
You've stimulated my interest--balcony doesn't mean what you think it does, and I'm trying to guess what you meant.

"balcony" means "balcão" (if Babel-Fish is correct).

A menos que você se sentar fora em um balcão quando você trabalhar.
-Tim

You got it right, Tim ... :-[ I absolutely DON'T work in a balcony! ::) Thank my god! ... :lol:

Speaking of where are they? What prompted your change in avatar Martin? I really enjoyed your Morris Dancer!

Gepetto

So do I ... Although I don't know precisely what a Morris Dancer is. (I'll take a look at Wikipedia :P )

G.--
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 03:00:45 »
Hi Gustave,

Btw, Tim, you have knowledge on Portuguese, and Latin, do you? ... What do you do for living? :hmm: ... Or is it only a hobby? ::)

G.--
 :)
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 04:20:05 »

The Yahoo Playmobil Groups, finally amalgamating into one Playmobil group, were SECOND.

Hi, Richard

Is Sylvia still managing the Yahoogroup? I was reading your "Brief History" again, and I noticed that you mentioned that Ty doesn't manage it anymore. However, he's the more active member there ...

By the way, he sends you a "hello" ... (Actually, I said that you mentioned him, and he said that you had been owner there before, and that he respects your knowledge on Playmobil (and admires your collection ... ;D )

I have been there, at least once a week, once I use the Yahoogroups, though I've been using it here much more frequently, because it's easier to use without being logged, and easier to log in and out, in moments of ... Desperating curiosity.

(I HAD to log in to take a look at the yellow house :), though I don't usually do so when I'm at work.)

Gus
Gus

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 04:29:03 »

Is Sylvia still managing the Yahoogroup? I was reading your "Brief History" again, and I noticed that you mentioned that Ty doesn't manage it anymore. However, he's the more active member there ...

No, Sylvia gave the management back to Ty when he was well enough to take it again. And, that was quite awhile ago. (I apologize that what I wrote wasn't more specific about that.)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06:21 »

No, Sylvia gave the management back to Ty when he was well enough to take it again. And, that was quite awhile ago. (I apologize that what I wrote wasn't more specific about that.)

That's all right ... After all, it was a brief history ... :)
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 01:01:12 »

The three Yahoo Playmobil groups were finally amalgamated into one. Ty ran it until he became ill and Sylvia took it over until he was well enough to return.

I was reading it again ... Actually you HAD mentioned it correctly! :)

Gus
Gus

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 02:30:50 »

Thanks, Gus ...

I was reading it again ... Actually you HAD mentioned it correctly! :)

Even though I'm getting old, it's always nice to know that I'm not getting completely addled yet ...  ;D

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 08:51:09 »
I must admit that being a soldier freak I usually post at Garden Wargames but I like it here too!

BTW am I the only guy who found it funny that the lady who wanted to remain anonymous ("because I think you guys are freaks") had her full name as an email address!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 18:16:38 »

Hello, Dan ...

I must admit that being a soldier freak I usually post at Garden Wargames ...

Makes sense to me ... ;)

BTW am I the only guy who found it funny that the lady who wanted to remain anonymous ("because I think you guys are freaks") had her full name as an email address!

Maybe none of us really wanted to contradict her "logic" ... :lol:

All the best my friend,
Richard