Author Topic: Hello from Arkansas USA  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Peefferr

• Playmo Enthusiast
Hello from Arkansas USA
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:24:59 »
Hello!

I'm from Fayetteville, Arkansas here in the United States.

Like many of you, I grew up with Playmobil, starting with 3203 Construction Truck, 3400 Construction Workers, 3405 Knights Set and 3234 Fire Fighter Crew in the 70s. To get my childhood collection ready for the next generation, I've been recently replacing the lost and broken pieces through DS, and have also been really enjoying the some of the newer sets.

I'm afraid I don't do anything fancy, like customization or scenes, instead it's mostly playing with klicky on the carpet, the knights battling the tyranny of the computer mouse, that sort of thing.

But I do have a question- how do people in the United States get some of the fantastic overseas limited sets (Ritter Christophorus, Albrecht Durer, and the Bakery)?

And is the 80197 Collector's Catalog (74-09) the most recent catalog, and would you for someone coming back into the world of Playmobil? Is it sold by DS US?

Hey, I've got more questions than I realized! Yay!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hello from Arkansas USA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:33:17 »
Hello and :welcome: neighbor, from Louisiana! Nice to have you with us! We'd love to see pics of your collection! ;D

I've been up your way a few times... my favorite Uncle is in White Hall, and I've spent some time in Little Rock, been up to Fort Smith a few years ago. It's quite a drive from Baton Rouge!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:03:29 »
Welcome to the forum! :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Peefferr

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:09:27 »
Thank you! I'm happy to be here. I'm afraid my collection is rather small... and while the years haven't been kind, they're still very much loved!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:55:24 »
 :welcome: to Playmofriends from Greece!!!  :wave:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:44:16 »
Welcome from the UK :wave:

Damo :)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:29 »

Hi Peefferr! :wave:
Welcome from the Scottish Highlands! :ness:

how do people in the United States get some of the fantastic overseas limited sets (Ritter Christophorus, Albrecht Durer, and the Bakery)?

I think most collectors would probably look to eBay to buy items that they can't get in their own countries, unless they have contact with someone living in Germany or wherever the exclusive sets are being released.

And is the 80197 Collector's Catalog (74-09) the most recent catalog, and would you for someone coming back into the world of Playmobil? Is it sold by DS US?

Yes, the third edition is the most recent one. It is still listed as available on the UK Playmobil site (in the "Fan Corner" section) but it appears to be missing on the US site. Maybe you could contact them via the website about it? I have the first and second editions of the book and I have found them to be very useful. :yup:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:51 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:30 »
Welcome from Cornwall in the south west of England.

The Collector's Book is a very useful source of reference, but it has it's dark side too ....... it calls to you when you are feeling susceptible and makes you delve into it's pages for something you didn't even know existed ...... and suddenly you find yourself on a mission  :o ::) :lol:

My son is currently using it for number practice.  If he sees a set he likes, he copies down the set number in his best handwriting  :omg:

Do you know about the wonderful online database www.playmodb.org? It has been set up by Heather who comes on this forum sometimes and is contributed to by members from this forum and other Playmobil forums.

Your small collection won't stay small for long. I promise you?!

Offline blitzbabe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:47:06 »
PlaymoDB is a brilliant website.  I was given a link to it by Playmobil UK when I tried to order parts for an item that was discontinued years ago, to see if I could find some part numbers.  It was very helpful.
"I buy Playmobil for myself but the kids don't know that yet".