Author Topic: Hi from Greece  (Read 3631 times)

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
Hi from Greece
« on: April 18, 2011, 17:08:42 »
Hello everybody :wave:, i am a new member here. i am really happy to be part of the playmobil friends. My name is Savvas and i am greek, 37 years old in november. i am collecting playmobil since i remember myself, but only lately i discovered the power of ebay. i am interested in western and pirate themes, although i possess the entire space theme from 80s. i'll be glad to discuss with you about our common passion. so until next time, be well. ;)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hi from Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 17:22:08 »
Hello and :welcome: from Louisiana! Great to have you with us!

We have several members here from Greece, and I know they will be very happy to see you. :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 17:42:22 »
Savva hello and  :welcome: from Thessaloniki!!! Good to have another greek member among us!!! Stick around and by all means share with us your collection!!! The playmospace series was one of the very best!!!

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 17:53:48 »
Savva hello and  :welcome: from Thessaloniki!!! Good to have another greek member among us!!! Stick around and by all means share with us your collection!!! The playmospace series was one of the very best!!!

unfortunately the plastic produced by lyra at the time was not very good in quality. some pieces have the colour changed in time. have the same problem with all my cavalry soldiers. they are of yellowish blue colour now. as for my collection, i'll try to share some in the days following... :wave:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 18:10:51 »
Welcome from the UK, savvas :wave:

Damo :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 18:44:31 »
 :welcome: to Playmofriends from South Carolina USA, Savvas! You will find many collectors here with the same interests as yourself!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 19:02:56 »
Welcome from Oregon USA!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 19:21:11 »
Welcome from the Netherlands Savvas!!

The yellowing of your parts might not be because of the quality of Lyra but because of the sun. Sunlight is very bad for Playmo :-(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 19:23:22 »
Sunlight exposure, bad environmental conditions, wetness etc... Lyra generation one was very good quality plastic. Generation two was the problem.

Offline 2005huysmans

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 19:47:14 »
 :welcome: from france