Author Topic: Hello from Gyps  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: Hello from Gyps
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 20:18:35 »
Hi there, Gyps!  :)

Welcome from the USA. I know you will enjoy it here. I like your avatar, the Snake Lady is one of my favorite figures. 8-)

Robbie

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 05:22:04 »
Hi, welcome from Oregon :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 08:50:19 »
Having followed up the link to the website, I know who you are.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 20:06:14 »
Hi Gyps,

I worked out it was you from your username, it's just a bit shorter than before.

It's good to hear from you again.

I still blame you for my obsession for Playpeople, after looking at your site and wanting to find out more about the Littlepeople. ;D

Thanks for all your help in my early days of searching for info on Playpeople and letting me see the letter from Norman.

Hope you enjoy it here and stay around for a while.

Garry.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 21:21:34 »
Greetings Gyps, and welcome to playmofriends from Shelburne, Vermont!

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Gyps

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 22:34:35 »
I still blame you for my obsession for Playpeople, after looking at your site and wanting to find out more about the Littlepeople. ;D

Thanks for all your help in my early days of searching for info on Playpeople and letting me see the letter from Norman.

Oooo! As if you needed to blame anyone for your addiction!  :o It would have got you sooner or later anyways  ;D

Hope you enjoy it here and stay around for a while.

Garry.

Thank you, kind Sir (I see you've been knighted, so best to use the full title so I won't get into trouble) - and I'm sure I will... Playmofriends strikes just the right note... friendly, enthusiastic...I can see I'll learn muchly while I'm here :D  Thank you for all the warm welcomes  :wave:

On a sadder note, I had an email off Moira, Norman Brown's wife, (founder of Playpeople UK and instigator of the British Bobby figure) to say he passed away this year in November - a sad loss to the Playmo world.

Robbie, I can take no credit at all for the avatar - it's a stop-gap one from the site's provided ones (did Sylvia design these?) but it's so nice I may just keep it :D

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 02:47:05 »
Hello & welcome from Diana (aka Psyche) here in Washington State!  :wave:

Robbie, I can take no credit at all for the avatar - it's a stop-gap one from the site's provided ones...

As I recall Sylvia "made" the ready-to-go avatars from some of the excellent photos on www.collectobil.com but I'm not sure. It is a lovely one and as Robbie note, one of the best figures.

You sound very well informed about Playmobil. I'm happy to make your acquaintance. :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 02:52:06 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 09:51:58 »
As I recall Sylvia "made" the ready-to-go avatars from some of the excellent photos on www.collectobil.com but I'm not sure. It is a lovely one and as Robbie note, one of the best figures.

That's right, I did. :yup:
Some of them I edited slightly (eg. the midnight witch) because they didn't fit the shape or had writing across them. The romani one had part of the Playmo logo across the top of her headpiece so I painted it out. I was keen to include her because she's always been one of my favourite figures. 8-)

The only avatars that weren't sourced from collectobil images are these 2:

They come from photos I shot for playkingdoms. The custom figures in these 2 pics were made by Sir Brian (aka "Corkscrew" at playmoboard). ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:55:18 by Sylvia »

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 17:14:56 »
Welcome Gyps! Great to see you here!  :wave:
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 18:45:30 »
Hello Gyps, and welcome from Norway  :)