Author Topic: hello to all of you  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: hello to all of you
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 22:09:09 »
Hey there, from Mississippi.  Glad to have you join us. Lots of people collect victorian, so you'll fit right in.

Kelly

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 00:52:51 »
Martin >:(

With all your respect, English is not Ren's first language and we must welcome him with a bright smile as he is very much willing to be an active part of this wonderful forum.

This is a not literary salon but a forum in which authentic Playmofriends are welcomed and Ren is definitely one of them.

May I please request a bit more tolerance with regards to new foreign Playmofriends as we are here to have a good time surrounded by positive minded people.

I do not believe this is too much to ask.

Could we kindly please leave the "etiquette" at the door ?

Thank you.

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 07:57:40 »
Hello Ren!  Welcome from Northern California!   :wave:  Glad to have you with us.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:31 »
Hi Ren!

Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :wave:

Martin >:(

May I please request a bit more tolerance with regards to new foreign Playmofriends as we are here to have a good time surrounded by positive minded people.

Could we kindly please leave the "etiquette" at the door ?

Karim, I don't think Martin intended for his message to upset anybody. He simply stated that he had a bit of difficulty understanding Ren's post due to the lack of punctuation. I realise that this can be a sensitive subject for some people, but as we communicate only through the written word here, the point is relevant. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

I completely understand that English is not Ren's first language and that this can pose difficulties when he is trying to get his message across to us. I certainly hope that it does not deter him from joining us in our discussions.

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:17:14 »
...I certainly hope that it does not deter him from joining us in our discussions.

Hmmm...if I'm allowed to interfere in that question...I would like to say that...

Even if we have requirements, be it in a social group (like here in the forum), be it on a personal level (like Karim's opinion or like Martin's request for a better understanding), I think that we are fully able to respect everyone, if we try to tear down the boundaries that seem to us like an "aggressive" attitude, and try to understand first what the real need of the social group or person, it is.

I think that no one was aggressive, and Martin's request was just that, a request for a better understanding. Karim's opinion I guess it is valid too, when seen from a personal point of view.

Though I think that no personal opinion makes a rule in this forum... but personal feelings do... so the better the personal feelings are, the better spirit we will have here, in this forum. :)

I just ask (humbly ask :) ) that everyone tries to understand others points of view, before stating something, since we are all part of this community (PM) and we all can gain just by giving our best feelings to it, even if at first, other's words don't seem quite right to us :)

Am I sorry to have spoken like if I was the "owner" of something, but it's just that I felt like I was needing to express this, and I thought that my words could be valid on this matter, even if they seemed to sort of "runover" Ren's welcome, which is what really matters on this thread :)

Miguel  :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 17:54:46 »
Sylvia & Miguel :wave:

Thank you for your constructive comments !!!

My intention was just to highlight the fact that Ren's genuine and highly communicative enthusiasm is what we need to appreciate first as I believe he has a lot to bring and share with this community.

A Playmo Collector of over 20 years has a wealth of experience and stories to share with others here.

I do of course understand Martin's point of view but we must also cultivate the genuinely spontaneous and heartfelt way of communicating of these wonderful individuals who are sharing the same passion as we do.

Mediterranean People are warm at heart and I am proud to be one of them too !!!

Welcome to you Ren :wave:!!!

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 18:01:13 »
Again, a heartfelt welcome ren! I am glad you chose to join us here. :wave:

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 18:25:25 »
Hello Ren,

It is a pleasure to have you join in the Forum and I (we) look forward to your contributions in what ever way you can. After all contributing to the community is really what matters. This is a great group of collectors who have a lot to share and I am sure you will learn a lot as well.

Thank you for joining and welcome from Northern California  :wave:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 18:57:43 »

Hello, Ren ...  :wave:

A BIG welcome from warm and beautiful Fort Lauderdale.

Happy that you joined us here at Playmofriends.

All the best,
Richard

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 06:43:00 »
Hi Ren,

welcome from the Netherlands!
You're truly amongst friends here.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.