Author Topic: Hello from sunny Florida!  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Hello from sunny Florida!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 05:31:48 »
Welcome from the South Eastern USA Nicki! We hope to see you here as often as possible! I'm a Playmobil addict also,.....there, I said it again  :-[! There's no hopefor us,.....but it's great to have children to camouflage a buying spree isn't it  :lol:! I've got grandbabies now  :love:!
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 06:44:18 »
Hi Nicole,

welcome to the forum from the Netherlands.

My kids (3 and 6) have their own playmobil to play with. My oldest son prefers the Pirates and Police. My youngest anything with wheels on  ;D
But my Playmo-stuff is all my own; although the kids are allowed to play with some of it from time to time - under strict supervision, naturally  :-[.

Anyway - I think it's great fun watching children play with it - whatever their age  :lol:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:44 »
Welcome, Nicki, from Northern California.   :wave:

Good to have you with us!   ;D
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 15:04:57 »

Hello, Nicole ...  :wave:

And, a BIG welcome from warm and beautiful Fort Lauderdale.
(I'm in Florida this week, but I'm usually in the United States Virgin Islands.)

As I'm sure you know, we have our own "mini-Zirndorf" here in Florida. When we're in Fort Lauderdale, I'm only about an hour away from the Playmobil FunPark/Store in North Palm Beach Gardens. (Interestingly, I probably only visit about once or twice a year.)

Looking forward to seeing you here at the Playmofriends forum.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 15:13:09 »
Hi Nicole,

Welcome from sunny Arizona :wave:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 15:46:17 »
:wave: hi kelly.
welcome.
do you still have that house near zirndorf?
45 minutes should be something like 60km (40miles) - not an impossible task to dig a tunnel.
think of what it could be, to go inside playmobil's i&d department at night, when everyone is asleep, and then report to us what new sets are being developed...
  :yup:

LOL--yes, my grandmother still lives in Erlangen (as does most of my extended family), so a tunnel is distinctly possible! lol!
Nicole :)
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 15:49:35 »

As I'm sure you know, we have our own "mini-Zirndorf" here in Florida. When we're in Fort Lauderdale, I'm only about an hour away from the Playmobil FunPark/Store in North Palm Beach Gardens. (Interestingly, I probably only visit about once or twice a year.)

And I've never been there!  We're north of Tampa Bay and don't usually head that far south!  I'm working on convincing my husband that we need to take a vacation down that way...I'm thinking the Keys with a stop at the Funpark! ;)
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 15:58:57 »

And I've never been there!  We're north of Tampa Bay and don't usually head that far south!  I'm working on convincing my husband that we need to take a vacation down that way...I'm thinking the Keys with a stop at the Funpark! ;)

Unlike Zirndorf, it's not worth a special trip. However, as a "stop" on the way to the keys makes sense. Especially since it's close to both the Turnpike and Interstate 95.

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 15:25:48 »
Hey There,

I too, am a stay-home mom with 10 and 4 year-olds.  My oldest is a boy and we live in Mississippi  Welcome to the board! Southern-belles love their Playmo!

Kelly

You know what they say about southern girls--if you love them, raise your glass--if not, raise your standards! lol!  I have two girls--you?

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 15:31:55 »

Unlike Zirndorf, it's not worth a special trip.

That's what I gathered--we went to the "Funpark" at the Florida Mall before it closed and I was disappointed, frankly.  I had expectations of an indoor, smaller version of Zirndorf...or at least something FUN for the kids to play in, but it was really just a store with several small play areas.  But, if/when we head to the Keys, I will definitely be stopping at the one in Palm Beach!