Author Topic: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 15:20:56 »

I went through a similar situation some years ago, & ended up selling many rare items on eBay, that to this day are nearly impossible to replace! The one mistake I made was not keeping the pictures of my original collection! I got angry, & put the pictures in the trash so I wouldn't have to be reminded  :-[! Welcome from one collection restarter to another!

Yeeees.... I understand that perfectly...it made me want to pay to 4 playmobil characters to teach a lesson to playmobil character lool

I have kept some pictures...I don't know if of all that I had at that time, but I was always avoiding to look at them till today :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 15:35:33 »
Yeeees.... I understand that perfectly...it made me want to pay to 4 playmobil characters to teach a lesson to playmobil character lool

I have kept some pictures...I don't know if of all that I had at that time, but I was always avoiding to look at them till today :)

We're glad you shared them with us! I wish I had my old pictures just to share now, but hind sight is 20/20  :(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 17:11:09 »
Welcome Miguel from the Great Pacific Northwest! It is good to have you join us in our little corner of the web, we all certainly understand the pain of sets that once were or the ones that got away. I am sure you will enjoy the time you spend here with kindred souls.

Gepetto

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 06:20:51 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany :wave:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 14:37:00 »
What about ... Caran Hood the Red? :yup:
Maybe Caradhrasos. Wonderful character, by the way! Good to give him names! He looks like a guy of many names ... I'd say the sons of Durin would call him Khuzdulbuddu the Dwarf-friend! :lol:

8} Never mind, I'm ... er, a bit nuts about master Ron(ald) T(olkien) :)

By the way,

Boas vindas brasileiras, caro Miguel! Somos três falantes de português agora, ainda que vc não vá me ver falando muito português aqui ... ;D For our playmofriends' sake ;)

I'm Gustavo. Nice to have you here!

So, see you around~

Gus
:blackhair:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 15:18:46 by Gustavo »
Gus

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 00:38:54 »

Hello Miguel! :D

Welcome from Scotland. :wave:

You must have had a wonderful collection at one time, judging by those pics. I hope you manage to reclaim some of those favourite sets at a reasonable price.

I think about downsizing my collection occasionally but I think I would find it too heartwrenching parting with most of the sets I have managed to obtain over the years. I'm certain I would regret it later on, just as you have done. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! Hope to read a lot more from you around the forum. :)

Offline Miguel

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 17:49:55 »
What about ... Caran Hood the Red? :yup:
Maybe Caradhrasos. Wonderful character, by the way! Good to give him names! He looks like a guy of many names ... I'd say the sons of Durin would call him Khuzdulbuddu the Dwarf-friend! :lol:

8} Never mind, I'm ... er, a bit nuts about master Ron(ald) T(olkien) :)

By the way,

Boas vindas brasileiras, caro Miguel! Somos três falantes de português agora, ainda que vc não vá me ver falando muito português aqui ... ;D For our playmofriends' sake ;)

I'm Gustavo. Nice to have you here!

So, see you around~

Gus

Hello Gustavo!

Thanks for the suggestions, but I rather let all that is related with Tolkien's world to be kept in their honoured corner in history  :yup: it's just my (extremely) personal point of view, though I love the mystic and fantasy worlds too  8}

ah! E obrigado pelas boas vindas em português! Antes de me registar já tinha ido ao teu blog, e devo confessar que adorei as fotos do teu personagem! Excelente! E não me recordo bem, mas creio que gostas de linguística...Eu sou um pouco "apanhado" por etimologia e linguística (Indo-Europeu), por isso, caso queiras, é mais um assunto do qual poderemos falar  :)

And sorry to all about the portuguese, but I felt like needing to thank to Gustavo's comment in portuguese too  :) hope that you all can forgive me  :prays:

Offline Miguel

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 17:56:20 »
Hello Miguel! :D

Welcome from Scotland. :wave:

You must have had a wonderful collection at one time, judging by those pics. I hope you manage to reclaim some of those favourite sets at a reasonable price.

I think about downsizing my collection occasionally but I think I would find it too heartwrenching parting with most of the sets I have managed to obtain over the years. I'm certain I would regret it later on, just as you have done. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! Hope to read a lot more from you around the forum. :)

Hello Sylvia!

Yes, it's a bit hard to get apart from something very meaningful to us, even if in some stage we are not loving it as much as before. But from experience, I can say that that it's just a passing phase  :)

This week I bought an huge and old collection from someone that is going to leave the country. I immediately started to think about creating some dioramas to take some pictures, to sell things that I wouldn't have "that much" interest. Happily, my inner child started to feel confuse, and then I noticed that I would never have the opportunity to gather 19 playmobil train wagons (!!!) again, for a bargain.

So...I guess it's really better for us to keep our collection...and if the collection it's growing and growing, maybe we can politely ask our front door neighbour to keep some of our sets for us  :lol:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 00:45:42 »

E não me recordo bem, mas creio que gostas de linguística...Eu sou um pouco "apanhado" por etimologia e linguística (Indo-Europeu), por isso, caso queiras, é mais um assunto do qual poderemos falar  :)

For sure! :) I'm not only fascinated with Linguistics, Philology & Etymology, but my graduation at college is Latin Language & Literature. I love languages, and history of languages, and relations between them!

(If you'll rather have a Latin name for your character, I might think of something ;D )

(Or a "Germanish" ... Like my characters 8} One German name I particularly like is Fürchtegott, which is a German version of Timothy (from Latin time(re) theus/theos (Gr.)), I can't say which one appeared first, but I believe Fürchtegott is a possible translation of Timothy, due to the apostle's assistant ... I'm not sure of it, I might have to check it up. From Fürchtegott I made up Feortegot, whose eke is Feor. We could talk more in the PFZ section.)
Gus

Offline Miguel

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 09:18:44 »
...We could talk more in the PFZ section.

For sure! Just let me have some time to adapt myself to this new world of forums (I never have participated in any, or at least on an constant and active way) and we'll get down to some linguistic crosses and sharing  :D