Author Topic: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!  (Read 6915 times)

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:37:41 »
Hello to everyone!

My name is Miguel, I'm from Lisbon, Portugal (a country with "some" castles and with "some" medieval history), I'm a masseur that is very dedicated to the study of phisiology and psychology, under the perspective of massage and of our everyday routine, with the goal of improving life's quality (or if you want, a very short description: workaholic  8} ).

Ah...yes...Playmobil...I'm about to do 31 this year, and I received my first set (which I can't quite recall which one was, honestly) when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

I had a few ones when I was a child (even more "child" than I am now  :P ) and I just remember the shining helmets and armours from the knights (a pitty that they are not like that anymore), and the box of the bedouins set always calling me whenever I was passing in front of a toy shop...

Well, a few years ago, I've found some very old shops, with some very old sets, and I decided to collect them...and then I knew Ebay, and I got into that hectic activity of selling, trading MIB's...which was just about the remainders of the childhood joy, of all the sets I wanted to have as a child, but it wasn't possible at that time :)

So I have forgotten all the fun that it has to customize a character, with different armours, clothes, cloaks, heads, beard, etc etc etc...and I'm not into MIB's anymore, just loose figures, customizations, etc :)

Soooo...I'm back! And I'm able to find here new ideas and friendly people to enjoy talking about Playmobil, since I've been going through this forum, and it seems to me that it has a very very good quality, when comparing with others :) I'm with very good expectations  :D

aaahhh..... and my character (the avatar).... he doesn't have a name, so I'll wait for you to choose his name!   :confetti:

Best Regards To You All

Miguel  :lol:

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:32 »
Welcome Miguel!   :wave:  I am new to Playmofriends, too.

Your avatar looks like a wizard from Lord of the Rings or Merlin the Magician.  Perhaps "Miguel the Magician?"
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Miguel

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:53:32 »
Hello Klickus Mobilius!  :wave:

Interesting latin name!   ;)

Good tips as to the name! You have given me some ideas!   :D

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 11:18:57 »
Welcome Miguel,

welcome to this little haven for Playmoholics!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:21:54 »
olá do porto miguel.  :wave:
it's nice to have another portuguese playmofriend among us.  :)
i hope you have fun here.  :yup:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:23:49 »
Welcome from the South Eastern USA  Miguel  :wave:! You will find many members here that enjoy discussing this unique type of collecting, with great ideas, projects, & of course, awesome collections  :P! Please post some photos of your favorite items! We look forward to seeing you here as much as you can participate  :)9!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:37:44 »
Hi Miguel,
Welcome from sunny Arizona :wave:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 13:16:46 »
Welcome fro the UK, Miguel.  :wave:  It would be good of you to show us some of the old sets you discovered.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Miguel

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 13:58:13 »
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!  :wave:

Playmofire, these were some of my favorite sets...I went through some cd's with old pictures (2004) right now... when I look at those pictures, I can't even believe that I had all those sets, and I ended up selling them on Ebay...  :( I remember that once I even went from the west side, to the east side, doing sort of rally lool through old localities with old shops...aaah this in Algarve, when I was living there. And I was able to collect some veeeeery interesting items...

Well, but for sure those old sets still have some use now for MIB collectors :) wherever they may be now :prays: looool right now I must focus on my (re) starting collection of loose figures right, otherwise I will cry over those old sets  :(

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 14:13:19 »
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!  :wave:

Playmofire, these were some of my favorite sets...I went through some cd's with old pictures (2004) right now... when I look at those pictures, I can't even believe that I had all those sets, and I ended up selling them on Ebay...  :( I remember that once I even went from the west side, to the east side, doing sort of rally lool through old localities with old shops...aaah this in Algarve, when I was living there. And I was able to collect some veeeeery interesting items...

Well, but for sure those old sets still have some use now for MIB collectors :) wherever they may be now :prays: looool right now I must focus on my (re) starting collection of loose figures right, otherwise I will cry over those old sets  :(

I went through a similar situation some years ago, & ended up selling many rare items on eBay, that to this day are nearly impossible to replace! The one mistake I made was not keeping the pictures of my original collection! I got angry, & put the pictures in the trash so I wouldn't have to be reminded  :-[! Welcome from one collection restarter to another!

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!