Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 9377 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Hello Everyone!
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:59:12 »
I am quite new to Playmobil, although I am quite familiar with the world of Klickies from my friend kaethe who introduced me to it.  She kept sending me links to all the photos of what other collectors had done with their collections.  I was impressed, but wasn't interested in collecting them.

Then came Christmas.  I was shopping at a local Target store for toys, when I saw some Roman Klickies.  I always liked ancient civilizations and thought the Roman series was cool.  I broke down and purchased a few blister packs of soldiers and gladiators.  I also saw a partial arena but did not buy it because that was a Rubicon I did not want to cross.  I reluctantly confessed my purchase to kaethe who told me to buy the partial arena because it is a Target exclusive and won't be available once it's gone.  I went back the next day and bought it.  Now I am committed.  I have spent over $200 so far on Roman Klickies (I know that is a mere pittance compared to all you veteran collectors, but it's a big step for me considering I always thought kaethe was crazy for collecting Playmobil).

I have even gone so far as ordering Roman add ons from Direct Service.   :P  I even go out of my way to various Target stores in search of Target exclusives.  This has gotten bad.   :lol:

I am looking forward to the Egyptian series.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I am 49 years old and live in Sacramento, California, USA.  I live in an apartment which really does not have a whole lot of space for this new obsession.  I may have to rotate my Playmobil scenes.

Anyway, hello everyone!   :wave:
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:36:03 »
Welcome from the UK  :wave: and thank you for joining us.  Don't worry, wherever you live, apartment or palace, if you collect Playmobil the place is too small.

Some items in the Roman theme have already been discontinued in mainland Europe, e.g. the big arena, and will be discontinued in the USA next year, so buy while you can!  (If you compare the playmobil.de site with the playmobil.usa site, you can see what's going.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:51 »
Welcome Klickius!

The Romans are indeed a great and addictive theme, though many of us would have liked more buildings than just the Arena.

I have a small table I use for my displays, and assembled my Roman Army on that:

In the UK the average price of a single figure is £2, and a horse is £4, so this lot came to a bit more than $200  :-[

cheers,  Martin

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 13:30:58 »
Howdy, Klickius :wave:

Welcome from sunny Arizona. 8-)

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 13:47:42 »
Hi Klickus!

Welcome to our little nich of the World Wide Web from the Netherlands! And don't worry about the size of your collection; we all started small once  :-[ Besides; it isn't the size that matters but the enjoyment you get from it  0)

This has gotten bad.   :lol:

Alea Jacta Est; you're done for!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 14:32:01 »
Welcome from the southeastern USA Klickus!
Congratulations on taking the plunge! It sounds like you're hooked, but don't worry...it gets worse :lol:! You will eventually find your self scouring the internet for retired sets, job lots, & I'm afraid to say it,....yes, other themes  :0 there, I said it  :-\! But don't feel alone, because we are all in the same boat here, & you have our undying support  ;D!
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 17:14:14 »
Welcome Klickus from the Great Pacific Northwest! Bill is right, soon you will become numb to the pain and will feel your wallet heating up in the proximity of Playmobil.

I think those Romans have caused more people to fall into the abyss than any other, oh well don't fight the tide and let it take you where it will, enjoy, you are in good company.

Gepetto

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:06:20 »
welcome klickus... or should i say salve ?  :wave:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:44 »
Welcome Klickus Mobilius!  I'm from the Los Angeles area and primarily collect Romans, although I too am looking forward to the Egyptians.  You'll find a number of Roman enthusiasts on this forum.  (Note Martin's formidable army!)  The Roman theme is, unfortunately, being discontinued next year, so make sure you buy whatever sets you think you might want and finish building your army.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:50:54 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany  :wave: