Author Topic: from Canada with... playmo! (finally)  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: from Canada with... playmo! (finally)
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 12:36:32 »
Howdy David, :wave:
Welcome from sunny Arizona. 8-)

Jimbo

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 18:48:15 »
Thank you all for the warm welcome... I am glad to be here!

Martin: most of my collection is in boxes (and more boxes) or stashed where I can find a bit of room so I don't have any great displays - yet.  I hope to one day but for now I plan and plan - and make custom klickies.  I will post some of my creations some time soon.  And those Cossacks... or Mongols - or a bit of each?  I will be gettting a few of those to customize... and lots of the Massai - I like it the best of the new Specials.

David

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 21:52:13 »

Welcome from Scotland! :wave:

I think I can remember you from the early years of playmoboard because you joined around the same time as me ("krystal") when there were fewer members there. Or maybe I have you confused with another David in BC? ;)

Hope you will have a great time here! I aspire to having some great displays someday in the future too. At the moment, I have enough Playmo but no space to set one up. I'll just have to wait until some more of the kids have left home!

I would love to see some photos of your customs when you get the time. :)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 19:14:34 »
Welcome, David!
 :wave:

I hope you enjoy Playmofriends! :)

I'm Gustavo, from Rio.
People call me Gus, this is how I sign.

Greetings from the Victoria, British Columbia.  So what can I tell you about myself?  I have been collecting playmobil since 1999. I've been a member of some of the other forums for almost as long and I've been visiting here for a long time so I think it's about time I joined in!  There certainly seems to be a good community feeling here.

My first klicky was Special 4564 ("tribesman") which my wife encouraged me to get as a counterbalance to her Barbie collecting!  Being that I'm interesting in history and culture I added lots of knights and pirates and magic theme sets - and lots of specials (but not those scary clowns!) and space and Romans... and now 800 plus klickies later I guess you could call me a somewhat serious collector.  Obviously I am really looking forward to the arrival of the Egyptians - and I'm one of those advocating a historical Japanese theme (maybe next year?)

I'm not sure what to think of the new dragonland knights theme... maybe once I've seen some reviews and better pics I'll decide - but I will probably have to buy one of the towers anyway.

That said, I'm glad to be here!

David

Thanks for sharing a bit of your history!

I think dragonland knights may be counted together with ghost pirates ... I prefer historical playmo myself, but I don't have problems with geobra making fantasy ones, once it's the latest fashion in Hollywood ;)

As long as they don't mix thing up too much, there will be no greater problem.

Wonderful your history with playmo (the wife Barbie thing ...) :yup: I work with a guy who's just returning to playmobil, now, and it must be nice when your wife supports you (and even gives a little push). It's my coworker's case.

Nice to meet you,
& see you around!

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 19:38:51 »
I think I can remember you from the early years of playmoboard because you joined around the same time as me ("krystal") when there were fewer members there. Or maybe I have you confused with another David in BC? ;)

Yes, Sylvia, I was over at playmoboard (as Dragonknight) starting back around 2002 - and I remember you as a major contributor there way back then.  I still check in at playmoboard to see what's new... but I've since joined klickywelt so I can see the newest sets right away! I hope to post here more often than I did over there... just over 400 posts in 7 years!

Hi Gus: I think the ghost pirates look fun but I won't be buying any of them (well, maybe the crab set!). I too don't have problems with geobra making fantasy ones... as long as they are ones that I like! 

Yes, it's great to have a supportive partner... she is also the one who pushed me to buy my first larger set (up until then I was only collecting specials and small sets)... she/I got the magic temple (3841 dragon's temple) and getting the large castle (3666) was my next big step (or did she push me on that one too?).  So now I have many larger sets - so many now that I've had to stop and only get what I really really like... especially since the newest ones can't be disassembled very easily - or at all (like the lighthouse). Not like the good old steck sets. 

Now I am sounding like an old timer collector!

David

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 22:37:29 »
Welcome from Spain :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 15:35:41 »

Hello, David (you old-timer collector) ...  :wave:

I'm so happy that you finally decided to join us here at Playmofriends.

I'm sure that you'll quickly see the difference between Sylvia's forum and the others. Playmofriends is exactly that. A group of friends discussing their favorite hobby ... Playmobil.

How have you been? Susan and I haven't been back up to the Island for over a year. Looked like y'all had a really bad winter with lots of snow. We plan on coming up late summer. Maybe you, and a certain Barbie collecting lady, can get together with us for lunch ... :)

We're in warm and sunny Fort Lauderdale this week. Please say hello to your lovely wife for us.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 19:32:30 »
Hello and welcome from California , It is wonderful to have you apart of this unique community .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: