Author Topic: excited to be here!  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: excited to be here!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 21:21:12 »
Welcome to PlaymoFriends, Betsy! :*)

It's lovely to hear a little bit about you, and I hope you will drop in and visit us often! :)

That is a very cute avatar you made to represent yourself and your children. :)9

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 19:05:41 »
Hello, Betsy!
 :wave:

Welcome to Playmofriends!

I hope the family enjoys this place! :)

Gustavo, or

Gus
:blackhair:

Rio
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline wonderland5

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:15 »
thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 14:40:15 »
welcome from san francisco, betsy.  i started collecting as a mom as well, although my children are now 32 and 29.  in the late 70s and early 80s playmobil was very different from any other toys we had here in the states ( and a bit expensive). i saved the collection, however, and when we moved a few years ago, i rediscovered the box of smiling faces.  thank you for your comments about my medical center, i have always collected medical themed toys, but i only just finished building that recently.  now, i confess, i have quite a few pieces, including the victorian house series.  i remember that i always wanted to buy that for my daughter when she was young but it was soooo hard to justify the expense.  so began the hunt.  all of the neighborhood preschool children know that i have a big box of firemen, from my son's collection, plus many of the newer trucks, and they love it when i bring it out for them to play with on the sidewalk.  i never worry about them being played with or lost, we spread a big blanket out on the sidewalk and that is the boundary. 
this is a really fun forum to be part of, some of the customizing is absolutely incredible.    kaethe

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 22:11:10 »
Hi from Southern Mississippi,

I am am a stay-home mom with two kids, too (both are so totally burned out on Playmo that they are currently on strike from it . . . ).

Welcome to the forum.

Kelly

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 08:02:56 »
Welcome to Playmofriends, Betsy!   :wave:  I just joined too.

I love your avatar! 
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:29 »
all of the neighborhood preschool children know that i have a big box of firemen, from my son's collection, plus many of the newer trucks, and they love it when i bring it out for them to play with on the sidewalk.  i never worry about them being played with or lost, we spread a big blanket out on the sidewalk and that is the boundary. 
   kaethe

Kaethe, I'm really impressed you trust the neighbourhood kids to play with your collection, and I think it's amazing!

Unfortunately right now we don't have enough sidewalk to do this on, but I hope one day to follow your example (with my less precious themes  ;)  )

Offline wonderland5

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 03:46:08 »

I am am a stay-home mom with two kids, too (both are so totally burned out on Playmo that they are currently on strike from it . . . ).

Oh no Kelly--Playmo burnout??  say it isn't so!   :P

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 06:21:53 »
Kaethe, I'm really impressed you trust the neighbourhood kids to play with your collection, and I think it's amazing!

Unfortunately right now we don't have enough sidewalk to do this on, but I hope one day to follow your example (with my less precious themes  ;)  )

To be honest, I wasn't going to comment anything since I was considering this as only Betsy's post...but...now I must confess...

I was stunned...specially, or mainly, with the world we live in today. Though I would never be able to do the same since I love my characters and sets without a single scratch and shining (if ever possible, or even if covered with dust, shining to my eyes  :lol: ), I consider that, a very altruistic and full of love attitude from Kaethe's part... congratulations  :wow:

Oh, and Betsy, sorry for the long words non-directly related with the welcome!  ;) But here are my greetings to you, and they are coming from very far, from Portugal, uuuuuffff!!! They will arrive there very tired, I guess  :lol:

:wave:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 14:53:48 »

Hello, Betsy ... :wave:

A BIG welcome from warm and beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida!

Looking forward to seeing more of you here at PF.

All the best,
Richard