Author Topic: I'm new to this community!  (Read 10779 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: I'm new to this community!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 14:18:36 »
Great photos, Bill. :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 06:47:02 »
Hello Tim,
 I just got some time to breath & noticed you had left me a post. We are in the middle of moving to another location, & my collection is in an uproar! 15 large boxes of Playmobil stacked in the kitchen, 13 ex large boxes of Playmobil stacked to the ceiling in the garage, & 10 ex large boxes of Playmobil in a storage building waiting to be moved ASAP, & shelves of Playmobil still on the wall that need packed up! I think I'm going to go crazy 8}! My EMS fleet consists of 4 4221 ambulances, 2 4222 medi vacs, 4 4224 first responder cycle medics, 2 4223 medic supervisor cars with extra drivers, & all units have more EMT & Paramedic figures added. My second design hospital that I hope to be putting together soon after the move, consists of the 4404 base hospital, 2 4942 floor additions, 4 7883 side additions & 3 3459 surgery OR's, 5 3980 patient rooms, 4 4225 nicu units 2 4227 search & rescue units. My police dept has 8 3904 police cars, 4 3166 police vans 2 are set up as swat team vehicles, 1 is my CIS van, & 1 is my prisoner transport unit. I now have 4 of the 5801 swat team vehicles that are customised like the ones in my album, 1 swat boat, 1 police boat, 3 3986 police cycles, 2 3564 police cycles, 4 of the new swat team motorcycles, 2 3985 police search dog teams, 1 3908 police copter, 1 swat copter, 2 police dept buildings 1 large, & 1 sub station, & I lost count of the police personnel after 75, 3 bicycle police, 3 horse patrol officers, 2 swat jet ski officers, & a partridge in a pear tree! Man, I probably forgot something, but oh well! I have looked at your customs, & really admire your ingenuity! I can't bring myself to do any radical modifications to my collection that can't be reversed without much of a problem. It is good to have met you, Playmofire, & Fire chief on this board! I really enjoy the kindred spirits of our common likes! On other boards I always felt as an outsider because I didn't collect knights, Romans, pirates, etc.! I only collect the modern themes, City, police, fire, rescue, airport, construction, liesure time, EMS, hospital, RC trains, & farm.  I hope to be posting some pictures of my Playmobil City Fire Department on a working building fire soon also! I was wondering if you know how to make a slide picture movie with just a music background that can be viewed on the net? I look forward to hearing from you!
Best regards from across the pond,
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 06:56:22 »
Great photos, Bill. :wave:

Thank you Playmofire! Coming from you that is a real compliment! I hope to be putting more pictures on soon, but right now we're packing up to move. Wish us luck!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 07:43:54 »
Thank you Playmofire! Coming from you that is a real compliment! I hope to be putting more pictures on soon, but right now we're packing up to move. Wish us luck!
Hi Bill,

Every blessing for your move! Diane and I have been trying to move house now for 18 months without success, so our warmest wishes go to you on your success. :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:34 »
On other boards I always felt as an outsider because I didn't collect knights, Romans, pirates, etc.! I only collect the modern themes, City, police, fire, rescue, airport, construction, liesure time, EMS, hospital, RC trains, & farm. 

It's right that there are many collectors of all the knights etc. but please don't feel like an outsider, Bill. Here there are at least some modern themed collectors - including myself ;)

But I have to admit that I'm thinking about buying the new egyptian sets, when they arrive here :-[

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 20:15:14 »
Hello Bill

Thank you very much for the kind words in regards to my customs :-[. However i think i should thank you because it was seeing your pictures that gave me the lift i needed to finally get back into posting again. I guess us 'modern' collectors are a breed apart from the rest and it can get a little bit lonely doing our thing amongst the castles and pirates that seem to be the norm of late.
Other than that its a pleasure to share my creations with others and i only hope they serve as an inspiration for them to have a go at customising. Its suprising how quick you catch the bug so to speak, one minute your keeping everything standard and the next your going all out and making something near enough new. That's the trouble with some of my customs, they take to long to make because i tend to over complicate them and i wont make certain things until i have an understanding of how the real thing works.
Saying that from what you have been doing yourself it does seem the bug has truly got hold of you :yup: !! I have just ran through your list and noticed how much you have got. You certainly share in my own philosophy of having more than one vehicle, but your doing it in style :yup:. I can only dream of having a Police force as big as yours :)9. I think my fire service is getting there slowly but it has been slightly neglected for a while. I have been working more towards making new equipment. Hopefully i will have some of it completed soon so i can add it to my thread. I have some nice hydraulic jacks for lifting train cars in the production line as well as some hydraulic props !! The only trouble is i haven't found my ideal 'Heavy Rescue' vehicle yet so half of the equipment hasn't got a vehicle to carry it  >:( :lol: I will continue to wait patiently until i find it >:(..........

Kindest Regards Tim  :wave:

PS: I am not sure how to do a photo story using slide pictures and music. I just tend to go for still pictures showing certain key points of the story as it progresses. I usually just add a bit of text to tell people what is happening.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 22:20:02 »
Hello Tim,
 I have an idea for your heavy rescue unit vehicle! I would be afraid to try it myself, but seeing your work, you could probably convert it with no problem :wow:! Are you ready?...drum roll please.... the new 4323 heavy hauler & trailer unit ;D! You will need to do some disassembling to paint it red, add some 7837, & 7838 crates, a 4476 mini fork lift & some 7842 pallets, a few 3178 rescue trailer drawers from the Playmobil DS dept. all to be used for storing the heavy duty rescue equipment. Add a flashing blue light bar, some custom UK Fire Dept striping, a couple heavy duty winches, tools & equipment from the 4422 race service trailer, & bingo! It seems to be the only vehicle in production to handle your extreme rescue needs... I can see it now... :P! What do you think ;)?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 22:25:10 »
Knowing Tim, he'll be sketching out the plans now!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 23:19:45 »
Knowing Tim, he'll be sketching out the plans now!
I was afraid of that! I don't mean to get anyone into trouble :-[, but I know with his ingenuity, all he would need was an idea, & a little shove ;), & we're off! Pictures of the project to be posted soon :wow:!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 23:36:13 »
Hi Bill,

Every blessing for your move! Diane and I have been trying to move house now for 18 months without success, so our warmest wishes go to you on your success. :wave:

Thank you Gordon, for the encouragement! It will be extremely needed :(o):!