Author Topic: I'm new to this community!  (Read 10806 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: I'm new to this community!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 23:43:32 »
Hello Bill and welcome!!

With so many of us having more enthusiasm and klickys than room we should probably start comparing storage containers and labeling systems! At least now I can be surprised when I open a tub and come upon something I had forgotten about.

I know you will enjoy the community here and see you have already found some 'fire' friends, sure glad I am not into that modern stuff! Too easy to go off the deep end :lol:.

Gepetto

Hi Gepetto!
Consider yourself fortunate you have not gotten the fatal addiction to the modern themes as I have 8}! It is something that is almost impossible to overcome :-[!

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 00:02:42 »
It's right that there are many collectors of all the knights etc. but please don't feel like an outsider, Bill. Here there are at least some modern themed collectors - including myself ;)

But I have to admit that I'm thinking about buying the new egyptian sets, when they arrive here :-[

I am glad to hear that you have the same interests! What do you have in your collection? Do you have a certain theme you like the best?

Oh no! Don't go crossing over to the other side now :o! LHAAP, put the Playmobil pyramid down, & step away from the cash register slowly....put your money back into your wallet P)...... remember that the NEW PLAYMOBIL POLICE DEPARTMENT is coming out too ;D! Now, do you really want those Egyptians ;)?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:41 »
Do you have a certain theme you like the best?

Hi Bill :)

My focus is on construction, police, leisure and citylife in general. In addition to these themes I have also just added all the underwater/deepsea sets to my collection + the wedding. I really like Playmobil's modern life themes. They are so detailed :love:

Oh no! Don't go crossing over to the other side now :o! LHAAP, put the Playmobil pyramid down, & step away from the cash register slowly....put your money back into your wallet P)...... remember that the NEW PLAYMOBIL POLICE DEPARTMENT is coming out too ;D! Now, do you really want those Egyptians ;)?

Hehe, your are right. I shouldn't cross the line but I think I have to.
It's going to be an expensive autumn for me: Police sets, Egyptian Sets + the new modern house sets :o

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 14:36:43 »
Greetings LHAAP,

Hehe, your are right. I shouldn't cross the line but I think I have to.
It's going to be an expensive autumn for me: Police sets, Egyptian Sets + the new modern house sets :o

[/quote]

Oh no! It looks like we (the modern theme collector group) may have to keep a vigil to prevent you from straying :lol:! But seriously now, just think of how many of the new police cars, police sea planes, modern house accessory sets, etc. you can get if you don't stray to the Egyptian theme..... MANY, MANY MULTIPLES :woohoo:!!!!! I'm telling you, it's going to be a great autumn :P! Stay with us, don't give in :help:, we're here for you!

It looks like you have the same interests exactly! Do you have an album on this site?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 14:52:43 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 09:10:54 »
Hello Bill

Thank you very much indeed for the reply, i am sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't want to send your welcome thread off topic but i have been seriously considering the conversion you mentioned for a while now. The only trouble is i have lost two of my local Playmobil suppliers and the one that is left is the most expensive !! I am sure when i last looked the set you mentioned was £50 or $100. I was also wondering wether the vehicle would be big enough for my needs because, there is a serious amount of equipment to be carried :lol:. I think i will go for it in the end and use the method of storage you suggested (pallets and fork lift). This is quite a common way of storing equipment on some Rescue Tenders or Heavy Rescue Units here in the UK (i meant to say i am from the UK :lol:). The truck is ideal because the trailer or 'pod' can be deposited at the scene while the vehicle goes back for another. I have a few big ideas that need finishing off so stay tuned for more updates :lol:. Hopefully you will see the vehicle you mentioned finished and in service within the next few months !

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 17:30:52 »
Tim, try here (let me know if you can't see the pictures, or are you a member already?):

http://www.playmo-convention.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=2542
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”