Author Topic: Hello from the floating plastic island  (Read 5989 times)

Offline IslandOfToys

• Playmo Pal
    • Island Of Toys
Re: Hello from the floating plastic island
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 23:32:24 »
Wow, thank you for all the welcomes!

I like the image the title of this topic conjures up.

When I set out to create my toy-centric web site, I decided it should be an escape from everything wrong in the world and be a fun place and about fun stuff...so I imagined an island of toys.  :)  No more in depth answer than that really.  Just daydreaming while at work one day.

Glad to hear you're not a MIB guy, seems a bit pointless to me not to get it all out and at least have a play once, but I admit I do have some stuff still in boxes, just because I have so much there's no need to get it all out yet.

This is why I have things still MIB also.  :)  Sometimes if the packaging is really nice though I'll save it.  When I rotate what's displayed on my shelves, I'll put some back in their temporary cardboard homes.

I collected/built/painted Gundam models up until 3 years ago. I managed to amass quite a large amount of kits. My favorite were the perfect grade Zaku kits

Oddly enough my very first Gundam kit was a PG Zaku II (green).  Might have been silly to jump right into the PG's, but they fit in nicely with my 1/6 figures at about 12" tall.  I have a red version also, but he's still boxed up.  Those take a LONG time to assemble.   :lol:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51:08 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany  :wave:

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 14:06:36 »
Hi Islandoftoys,

Welcome to PlaymoFriends.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 19:58:18 »
Hi, welcome from Oregon!

I used to collect some 1/6 figures but Playmo and other smaller scale stuff has taken over my attention.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 21:32:41 »
Hi and welcome to this forum,

I'm new and still learning "how to".  I've been working on my Pirates and Knights and had my daughter in-law take some pictures for me.  Maybe one day I will learn what to do with them  :lol:.

Janice

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 04:26:46 »
I decided it should be an escape from everything wrong in the world

Hi Iot!

I'm guessing your Playmobil collection doesn't yet have the striped-T-shirt wearing new Robin Hood special. 

Playmobil isn't the retro-childhood utopia it once was, but a smiling (leering) veneer, a monument to castles in the sky and the shadows that fall between ideas and their conception.*

* I got that from the 2008 3D Playmobil catalog page 6, the artist's commentary.

-Tim Ashur Turk al-Ghazi.