Author Topic: Hello from the Pacific Northwest :-)  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest :-)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 16:40:41 »
Welcome from the warm south - Oregon!
I was in Seattle last October for a dance but rarely get that far North. When I was younger we visited a relative at the Coast Guard station at Neah Bay Washington - its on the very tip of the Olympic peninsula. So far away from cities you could see more stars than I had ever seen before.

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 02:53:00 »
That's right Martin, it's a 3 hour drive west from Seattle, but alot of that is driving down around the Puget Sound. It's still another hour and a half due west driving to get to the ocean from where I live though. I'm on a peninsula so I get to see water on three sides and then mountains. It's a beautiful area. If you're interested in seeing what it looks like, run a search on Port Townsend, Washington's Victorian Seaport.

98% of my Playmobil purchases come from Ebay and Ridge Road Station. The rest is in Seattle.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 18:56:33 »
Hi gloobey,

Welcome to Playmofriends.

I also got in to Playmobil after buying my son the Refuse truck 3780 nearly 9 years ago now. He Stopped playing with it when he got his PS1 a few years later but I just kept on collecting it.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 04:57:44 »
Thanks Sir Gareth!

My son discovered Pokemon and Gameboy, along with LEGO. Now the Playmobil is pretty much mine to do with as I please. He still plays with the animals from Palymobil. They seem to be a big hit with him amd his friends (all age 7 or 8).
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?