Author Topic: Greetings from Midwest USA and Beijing  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Greetings from Midwest USA and Beijing
« on: October 21, 2007, 07:04:42 »
Hi, a lot of you probably know me, my name is Tim and I went by SirTurk on Playmoboard.  I joked around a lot on Playmoboard, but have since those days grown more serious...  Now, that I have finally figured out how to dis-assemble klickies, I intend to improve my customizing skills and aspire to do more and better Roman and Medieval customs.  First off, I have an idea for a character from a famous Chinese story that I hope to finish before the new year--previously impossible when I didn't know how to take a klickie apart!

I'm now in Beijing visiting relatives.  I am somewhat looking forward to returning home to the midwest USA--at least to re-join my klickie collection!  (The downside: back to work).

There is no Playmobil in China.....  I even talked to a British guy who runs a toy store in Beijing.  He says Geobra doesn't yet ship to China......   :hmm:

I enjoy looking at everybody's customs.  I waited about a year before joining due to the registration fee, but now I agree the fee reduces the number of spammers, etc. and helps enforce the minimum age limit.

I'm going to add my avatar as soon as I settle in back home (my collection is currently 6,000 miles away...).  "Timotheos" (userid) is simply my first name, Timotheos / Timothy / Tim.

-Tim

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Greetings from Midwest USA and Beijing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:58:41 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany :wave:

Glad to hear that we can offer a suitable home for serious Playmobil enthusiastics  :P :yup: :lol:

I'm eager to see how your customizings will looks like. And even if China isn't a Playmobil market (so far -- because most industries are discovering the Chinese market for their products) you have the good knowledge anyway to come back home where all your beloved pieces reside.

Kind regards

Jochen

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:37:51 »
Welcome from the UK.  :wave:  I look forward to seeing your customs, too.  But remember, even serious Playmobil collectors have to laugh sometimes. :lol:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:07:31 »
Hello and welcome to Playmofriends from another Tim. Its great to see you have found your way over to us. The £10 membership fee certainly does cut down on the spam and keeps more troublesome members away. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here with us Tim.

Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:22:53 »
Hi Tim,

Welcome to Playmofriends.

There may not be any genuine Playmobil in China but I'm sure you will find a few copy's of it.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:09:29 »
Hi Tim! :wave:

Your Playmoboard ID is familiar to me but I don't think I ever got to know you properly while I was a member there.

Welcome to PlaymoFriends! We're all looking forward to seeing pics of your customs and hearing your opinions on new releases and other Playmo-related stuff. :)

I'm glad that you overcame your slight unwillingness to pay the membership fee, but you can rest assured that all money raised goes toward paying hosting costs for the forum and you will never be asked to contribute financially again. :)9

The fee has always been set at 5,00 Euros (approx. £3.50 GBP) and is not likely to be raised in the near future.  ;)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 11:14:31 »
Welcome Tim!

I've enjoyed your posts on Playmoboard, but I agree the spam, and more the people who think we're there just to give them information, get annoying sometimes.

Playmofriends miniscule one-off fee didn't make me hesitate to join - I was glad it kept out the riff-raff!   ;D

China produces 80% of the world's toys, so I guess they don't feel the need to import.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 13:53:44 »
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses.  I enjoyed reading them.

There may not be any genuine Playmobil in China but I'm sure you will find a few copy's of it.

Hi Sir Gareth,
Actually, I was hoping to find anything, even bad copies, but Playmobil isn't even well-known enough to fake in Beijing. 

Hi Martin,
I enjoy reading your posts on Playmoboard, too.  Your posting about how you classify your Roman klickies led me to re-read Caesar's The War in Gaul on my China vacation.

Hi Sylvia, thanks for administering the board registration and taking care of all those details.

Hi Playmofire, Little Jo, and Tim_w, it's good to hear from you all, too.

-Tim

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 16:41:23 »
Howdy Tim,

Welcome from Arizona!

Best regards,

Jimbo

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 21:39:49 »
Hi Tim

And welcome to the site. I must confess that I have missed your postings elsewhere but look forward to your contributions here. Which incidentally is the best Playmobil site in the World.

Craig

PS we have a small section of the Terracotta Army visiting London at present and I cant help but think it would be great to see a few customs in that line.