Author Topic: Hello from Marco_4124 (Netherlands)  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Hello from Marco_4124 (Netherlands)
« on: July 01, 2012, 18:57:10 »
First, let me introduce myself. I'm not quite a large Playmobil fan. The first "klicky's" I had were some construction workers, end seventies. I those days you had only construction workers, knights and Indians. I didn't play much with them, until I had a marvelous tipper-truck, that carry two "klicky's", sand and a few tools in the toolbox. But in the end Lego still won, specially technical Lego.

Years later, and now it is 2011, I stumbled upon a LGB starter set that was left behind by a farmer for some years at the attic of a barn. I've got it for a bargain (or better: it was a steal?) and started to clean up and renovate the passenger cars and locomotive. Spare parts were orderded, and the locomotive even got a new chimney. I've asked my father if I could run the train in the garden at the camping site, and he was very enthusiastic, let me build up a small layout over there.

But… LGB is expensive, even second hand. Looking for affordable cars, I was surprised to find Playmobil 4125 at a modeltrain store in Zevenhuizen. At a Dutch LGB forum they told me that these wagons fit on LGB. For some time, LGB and Playmobil made together trains for Playmobil, and from that program wagons might still be available.

I hope to receive Playmobil 4124 sometime this week, and hope to find here more Playmobil train/LGB train fans.

Greetings, Marco.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Hello from Marco_4124 (Netherlands)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:43:25 »
Hello Marco, and   :welcome: to Playmofriends, from Greece!
You'd find there is a lot of interest in trains, and some very important projects done with playmobil tains, here under the Train board!
When you get the time, we hope you can share your set up with the rest of the forum in pictures or videos :)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:59 »
Hello and welcome to Playmofriends from Paris, France. Though trains isn't my theme, you'll find you're definitely in the right place here! Just browse the "Trains" section, and you'll find lots of interesting tips and infos there.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:41 »
Hello Marco, and welcome to Playmofriends from the UK!    :wave:

It's good to have another train fan on the board.   :yippee:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:15 »
Hello and  :welcome:

Greetings from Greece,
George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:11:56 »
 :wave: Welcome Marco!  So good to have you with us.  ;)
Joe

Could you explain what LGB stands for?  I am afraid Playmobil trains are still a mystery to me.
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:15 »
Hello and welcome from Louisiana, USA! Great to have you with us. Can't wait to see pictures of your layout. :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 13:08:41 »
Welcome! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 16:30:56 »
Welcome from Southern California, Marco! :wave:

My late grandfather got me started with LGB trains and Playmobil followed.  They're perfect for one another!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 16:39:06 »
Welcome from Germany, Marco!

If you have some questions about G-trains (G gauge, IIm or garden railway), you first can look at our FAQs and if there isn't the answer, please ask in the trains! section.

:wave: Welcome Marco!  So good to have you with us.  ;)
Joe

Could you explain what LGB stands for?  I am afraid Playmobil trains are still a mystery to me.
Look here [KLICK!]. We have a FAQ for/in the trains section to learn the basics and more...

zugpferdchen
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 16:57:12 by zugpferdchen »