Author Topic: Yellow Helicopter  (Read 6671 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Yellow Helicopter
« on: September 10, 2010, 16:48:44 »
Can anyone tell me anything about this.

It came in with a lot of bits from ebay, that I bought for specific things that I wanted, but there were a few non Playmo bits in with the lot and I thought this was one of them.  However looking under rescue for something else I saw it listed as 3247 and according to the collectors guide it is listed as rare, so I rescued it from the bin  :-[
This isn't complete as it is missing rotor pins and tail piece plus a few accessories also the stickers are different to those on the box cover picture.so is obviously not rare as in a complete one in a box but I wondered if it is hard to come by? 

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Yellow Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 16:54:22 »
Is it listed as rare? really?
I have one. I didn't survived my childhood intact. I loved to play with it.
I had the medical helicopter. Looks the same though...  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 17:04:20 »
Oh wow!! So many loving memories with this one!!! It really is the 3247 - Rescue Helicopter (Yellow) but as I can recall, never had police stickers!!!

The original, probably this is an original produced back in the 80's, I think is quite hard to findas I've never come acrossed it in ebay... the reproduction on the other hand 7885 - Classic Helicopter is not so hard to get, it might be still be in stock with DS.

The classic edition 7885 has various differences with the original, such as a klicky less, no oxygene and no gas tank. (actually come to think of it these might be the only differences...) Oh yeah, and the stickers that go on the rotor tail, are different. the original ones were two stickers and they go around each blade...on the reissue there are four stickers that go onto each side of the blade...

Offline sweetking

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 17:23:31 »
This helicopter is not rare at all, but some sets containing it are rare. What are strange on this one are the stickers : never saw such sticker on a playmobil set (at least on european ones).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 17:27:17 »
This helicopter is not rare at all, but some sets containing it are rare. What are strange on this one are the stickers : never saw such sticker on a playmobil set (at least on european ones).

The sticker puzzled me greatly...maybe its from another set or another toy company?

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 17:28:37 »
The sticker puzzled me greatly...maybe its from another set or another toy company?
yes I agree, stickers are weird and might be from another toy....
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 17:34:15 »
Anyone with police theme knowledge to shed some light?

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 17:39:41 »
Looking at it, there are no markings on it at all. 
The two trays feel right, but the helicopter itself somehow doesn't feel right to me hence why (I originally put it in the bin)and the rotor blades and the landing gear seem to be a slightly softer plastic. I do wonder if it is a copy?  but it is so like the Playmobil one in every other way.  It is no use to me so I was going to ask if anyone wanted it, but if it's a cheap copy then I expect no one does!  :lol:

Elaine

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 17:49:21 »
If this is a lower quality plastic, can it be antex? or another company under license?

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 17:52:10 »
Would there be any markings on it if so?  On closer inspection with my reading glasses on there is a small number 2 on the underside of the cockpit.

Elaine