Author Topic: foal/colt/horse/zebra?!  (Read 1580 times)

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
foal/colt/horse/zebra?!
« on: August 31, 2012, 15:34:37 »
Hello,
I was just checking the internet when I spotted a strange colt/foal version 2.
It is white with brown manes (I thought they were a diffrent color than the zebra foal), it's hoofs weren't colored, and strangely it had four stripes on his forehead, like a zebra! It didn't look as a repaint, and the oddest thing: I couldn't find it on Animobil :hmm: ??? :hmm:
Is it a mistake of playmobil?

I'd like to hear from you!
PlaymoZoo :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: foal/colt/horse/zebra?!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 15:56:52 »
It would be better if you could attach a picture to your post to know of what you are talking about better  ;)

Here are some tips of uploading a pictures in your posts:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=106.15#msg678

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=76.msg565#msg565

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=76.msg566#msg566

You can also copy/paste BBCodes from playmodb of the specific items you want to show us or discuss

To post this set on a forum that uses BBCode: http://playmodb.org/playmodb.shtml
For example, under list of themes, you can find the Add-ons/Forest Animals then click on the set you want, and copy paste the BBCode at the bottom of the set page, so that comes out in your post like this: 7266 - Deer Family
Yu can do this with every set and/or each seperate part and item in a set.

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 16:01:29 »
Thank for the tips.
Here is the photo. The foal is the one in the upper right corner.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 16:07:54 »

Is it a mistake of playmobil?

Playmobil does make some assembly and production mistakes...
Tim could answer this, is there a white foal? then, it may be the case that the assembly machine at the factory placed a zebra foal's head at a regular foal body... or ... is this a picture from an ebay listing? the seler could have placed the zebra foal head on the regular body to make a sale...

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 16:17:20 »
Tim could answer this, is there a white foal? then, it may be the case that the assembly machine at the factory placed a zebra foal's head at a regular foal body... or ... is this a picture from an ebay listing? the seler could have placed the zebra foal head on the regular body to make a sale...

The strange thing is: If PM made a mistake by placing the wrong head on the wrong body, how is it posible that the white foal body has a brown tale (there are no white foals with brown hair) and why are there just two stripes and no brown nose on the "zebra's" head?
So many question :lol: Oh,  and it isn't from ebay....
But thanks anyway :)

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 16:48:47 »
Anyone? I probably end up buying it anyway :lol:, but I still like to know if someone knows something about this strange animal. Tiermann maybe? ???

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 18:12:31 »
The zebra foal has stripes all over the head/neck piece, so it is not a regular zebra head. However, it does have a brown mane and tail, so I'd say it's a printing error, and somehow only those few stripes got printed. Probably one stamp/paint gun prints the front of the face, and then others print the sides, and it missed that second step.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 18:36:31 »
The zebra foal has stripes all over the head/neck piece, so it is not a regular zebra head. However, it does have a brown mane and tail, so I'd say it's a printing error, and somehow only those few stripes got printed. Probably one stamp/paint gun prints the front of the face, and then others print the sides, and it missed that second step.

Thank you! Like I said, I'll buy it anyway :lol: I don't have an error-animal yet!
Hmm, I like that word... error-animal 8}

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 20:05:06 »
I agree with Bonnie, it's a zebra foal mis-print. That's just how they are painted Bonnie - a different printing piece for each side and each color with the animal being turned either by a robot arm or a person.