Author Topic: Wishing for a revival of the Victorian / 1900 Theme  (Read 12165 times)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Re: Wishing for a revival of the Victorian / 1900 Theme
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 03:25:33 »
Nothing would make me happier to at least bring back the mansion. It was the first thing my mother bought from Playmobil when I was only four months old. Sadly, under unusual circumstances, the upper half of it vanished after a move. We've been steadily getting replacement parts to at least bring it back to it's former glory. Thank God for eBay.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 04:40:42 »
It was the first thing my mother bought from Playmobil when I was only four months old.

You are now a strong contender in the "Earliest Encounter With Playmobil" competition.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 08:21:24 »
Lol, who's my competition?

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 08:43:13 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Since my extended No1 Regent St could not travel to the UK due to its size, it is thanks to the Sylvanian Families New Town Series inspired by the 1900's that I have developed my New Regent St project.

This is next best thing after the iconic and sadly discontinued Playmobil Victorian theme and from a conversation I had from a friend who was at both London and New Toy Fair earlier this year, the SF New Town Series will soon be discontinued to the lack of demand worldwide apart from the Japanese market. I was really hoping for this theme to be developed with such great finds as the Elegant Town Manor, but it is sadly not meant to be.

Those who are following for 10 years old thread already know that I am customizing the SF buildings and that it really took my little Victorians into a new dimension evolving from a grand Victorian mansion to a busy and thriving early 1900's London community  :)

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 10:16:21 »
from a conversation I had from a friend who was at both London and New Toy Fair earlier this year, the SF New Town Series will soon be discontinued to the lack of demand worldwide apart from the Japanese market. I was really hoping for this theme to be developed with such great finds as the Elegant Town Manor, but it is sadly not meant to be.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear it's being discontinued.  I actually much prefer the older Sylvanian's buildings (cute little cottages & cottage shops), but there were things I liked about the town series.  I liked the stackable buildings so kids (& adults) could add to their street/structure, & I LOVED the tram (the tram is the only piece I bought & it's so neat!).  What I didn't like was the colour of the new sets - all the pastels, lilac & pink were making it feel much more gendered & geared towards "girls" (I don't buy into all that at all)

I'm walking away from this thread laughing about the steam punk cartoon (steam punk  ::)  :wall: ) & trying not to get sucked in by the Spirit house.  :love:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 13:53:53 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Since my extended No1 Regent St could not travel to the UK due to its size, it is thanks to the Sylvanian Families New Town Series inspired by the 1900's that I have developed my New Regent St project.

This is next best thing after the iconic and sadly discontinued Playmobil Victorian theme and from a conversation I had from a friend who was at both London and New Toy Fair earlier this year, the SF New Town Series will soon be discontinued to the lack of demand worldwide apart from the Japanese market. I was really hoping for this theme to be developed with such great finds as the Elegant Town Manor, but it is sadly not meant to be.

Those who are following for 10 years old thread already know that I am customizing the SF buildings and that it really took my little Victorians into a new dimension evolving from a grand Victorian mansion to a busy and thriving early 1900's London community  :)

Karim

1. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! If this is indeed true, I'm just heartbroken! I loved that line because of the Victorian theme!  :hissyfit: When I told my Mom this, even though she was skeptical, we put all the buildings we missed in the shopping cart. Luckily we got the main structure and a few others already, and the Delicious Restaurant is already on its way anyway.

2. Since Amazon is doing international sales now, is it possible to still buy the items there? Or is it purely on Japanese based sites?

Even though the SF (Calico Critters in the States) Town Series are discontinuing, I hope you still continue your work one way or another. You are so talented.  :sorrow:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 01:45:47 »
Lol, who's my competition?

Good question, might make an interesting thread.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: