Author Topic: Travelling Klicky - variant suggested  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Travelling Klicky - variant suggested
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:01:00 »
I have an idea that might be fun, and that anyone can join in anytime.

Rather than having one klicky who is sent round the world, with the risk of going missing and the postage costs and delays, we could design a Custom Klicky from easily available parts (or pick a common current klicky, maybe from the Specials series, but see below*), so that we can create the illusion of travel without the inconvenience and expense.

Then anybody who wants to can photograph their "traveller" in a place of their choosing anytime, and add it to a thread of pictures in this forum.

I'm thinking not merely tourist sites (I can do London sights like Big Ben, Tower Bridge etc.) but mountains, valleys, local parks etc. even a photo of the traveller in front of your house would be interesting to other board members!

Suggestions (or photos) for a suitable traveller welcome.

*My suggestion is the two Klickies from the DS set 7935 Grandparents. They could be a retired couple finally realising their dream of world travel! 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:20:12 by Martin Milner »

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Travelling Klicky - variant suggested
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 11:23:55 »
hi all
actually, i was thinking about a travelling avatar, i live right by the golden gate bridge and i would be willing to take a tourist photo of your klicky if you always wanted to visit san francisco but after buying so much playmobil didn't have any extra money to spend on a real vacation.
kaethe

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 18:52:43 »
Oh, you mean they are virtually travelling ... kind of "beaming" like in star trek (travelling without actually moving) ...  ;D

Sounds of fun.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:13:20 »
Martin,
If I understand this correctly we just buy our own set of Grandparents, take pictures and submit them.  I think this would be a great idea, no waiting on the mail systems to break down or delay our fun.   :P Now I need a camera and figure out how to do all this.
Janice

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:16:06 »
That's it Janice!

I suggest the grandparents (other suggestions welcome) because they're easily available through DS ordering to everyone.

I don't have these figures yet, but if we get more responses who are keen, then I'm ready to put another DS order is anytime!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 21:54:45 »

I really like this idea, Martin. 8-)

It's an easy event for everyone to get involved with and it will be a lot of fun looking at everyone's photos!

You can count me in too.  :yup:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 23:44:16 »
I did not realize that the traveling Klickie was sent around  :-[ I thought it was already done in the fashion Martin is suggesting. In any case I like the idea of being able to have my own set any time any where to photograph. Just to make sure is this the set of grandparents you are thinking of ? 7935
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 12:52:37 »
That's the set! I'm putting in an online order  now, so I'll add them to my haul!

As the weather and evening light improves here in London, I hope to have some fun photography session!

cheers, Martin

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 14:22:08 »
I like the idea, too.  :)  Well thought out.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 22:01:48 »
Sounds like fun! :yup:

Jimbo