Author Topic: Christmas train shuttle layout  (Read 4839 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Christmas train shuttle layout
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 19:28:24 »
That's pure brillant - considering the little space you have! Einfach toll - vor allem, wenn man bedenkt, wie wenig Platz Du hast!

jj:

Thank you, jj.  The space is about 80 inches and this has implications foor the locos and rolling stick used.  Obviously not a route for a 4052(!) so I use an LGB Spremberger loco and LGB Toy Train rolling stock, all of which are a few centimetres shorter than similar Playmobil items.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 21:24:06 »
I just discovered the existence of 7400 and now I see how ingeniously its parts can be used! The way you used those to support the railway looks wonderful.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 22:06:30 »
Lovely set up! Simple, yet appealing. Wish I could find a decent, old-fashioned train.

Thank you.  You can still get bargains on eBay.  I bought a 4001 set, hardly used, with extra straight track but no figures for £41.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 23:01:01 »
I just discovered the existence of 7400 and now I see how ingeniously its parts can be used! The way you used those to support the railway looks wonderful.

I must admit, there is an example of this in a Playmobil train catalogue which I based mine on.   However, in the catalogue the tracks seem to fit perfectly on the trestles, but in practice they are wider than the trestles.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 08:34:19 »
...so I use an LGB Spremberger loco and LGB Toy Train rolling stock, all of which are a few centimetres shorter than similar Playmobil items.
Looking forward to seeing further pics - ich freu mich schon auf weitere Bilder ...  ::)

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 13:34:53 »
Thank you.  You can still get bargains on eBay.  I bought a 4001 set, hardly used, with extra straight track but no figures for £41.

Can you buy from a European eBay if you're in America? I know some sellers are from another country. but I don't know about a whole nother store.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 13:40:38 »
Can you buy from a European eBay if you're in America? I know some sellers are from another country. but I don't know about a whole nother store.

If the seller ships world wide, Yes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 19:33:37 »
Here are a couple of videos showing the layout running, a daylight one and then an evening one showing off the lights.

https://youtu.be/KB-9Y_UqJvg   

https://youtu.be/bOhknMiwmkA       

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 00:50:27 »
Looks great Gordon. A really nice variety of foreground action along the shelf. The raised concept really works well.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 02:46:52 »
Looks great Gordon. A really nice variety of foreground action along the shelf. The raised concept really works well.

Thanks, Tim.  I am thinking of using  raised line as part of the display at Kirkbean next year.  One possibility is to have a raised round-and-round  track in the middle with a similar but larger track outside it at baseboard level.

I have thought of having the raised track overlapping the lower track, but this would mean that the raised track would have to be 8 or 9 inches clear of the lower track and I don't have enough Playmobil parts for this.