General > News

playmobil & disney!?

(1/3) > >>

tahra:
I believe this deserves its own thread...

The relevant sentence - applying to 123:

--- Quote ---Six playsets inspired by Disney’s Mickey and Minnie Mouse as well as Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Piglet will be launched summer 2023 for fans of all ages.
--- End quote ---

And here is one of the numerous links, if you wanna see the rest: https://www.anbmedia.com/news/2022/12/playmobil-disney-form-new-partnership-first-license-for-the-playmobil-toddler-portfolio/

Opinions?

These days, means nothing to me. And 123.. but I am SURE they will be cute and expensive and I'll want some....  ::)

Also.. will this make more interesting licensing closer? 
(wallet shudders violently)

Pynedor:
I am surprised that Disney made this agreement, considering how many different toy manufacturers they are already involved with.

Perhaps it could result in some nice future sets or parts, but I think what we will more likely see will be more price increases and a further reduced selection of sets from the traditional themes.

playmofire:
Can Playmobil fall any further?

Tiermann:
Disney owns Star Wars. They also own Marvel comics. And Pixar. And the Muppets. There are a ton of interesting possibilities once this door opens. Are there risks? Absolutely.  If they are going to license though , at least let it be mainstream stuff that could sell well and support the other lines. One off licenses of vintage properties aren't going to keep the company afloat.

Rasputin:
Gravitational power ever increasing momentum on the slippery slope

We’ll if the characters are going to be 123, perhaps they could be utilized in a carnival/circus setting in dioramas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version