Author Topic: purple and grey striped pants with brown(?) boots  (Read 1855 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
purple and grey striped pants with brown(?) boots
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:28:42 »
I think these legs were used only on one viking klicky.
my only use for them was to put them on my (exploration theme) Spaniards.
These legs are not very rare nor much sought after, right? (because I'm having second thoughts about (irreversibly) customising them into samurai legs :P )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: purple and grey striped pants with brown(?) boots
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:45:09 »
These legs are not very rare nor much sought after, right?

Considering the number of purple/pink vikings and barbarians, I would say it is quite useful!  :P

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:15 »
Considering the number of purple/pink vikings and barbarians, I would say it is quite useful!  :P

but somehow this pattern makes me think of them as uniforms....even if you were to match them with different torsos, arms, neck thingies etc....if you have say 50 vikings, with 5 such legs, wouldn't they look like uniforms to you? somehow I can accept multiples of plain colours but not coloured patterns

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 21:06:27 »
I think these legs were used only on one viking klicky.

I could only find them on 30009650 but he ('Knud' to his friends) came in 5 Viking sets: PlaymoDB List - Sets containing 30 00 9650 (Knud (purple suit, large leather collar)), so no, I would not describe him as rare. But you knew all that!

Certainly one of the commoner Viking figures (the only one I found hard to locate was when I was making up the Viking sets for my son from secondhand sources was PlaymoDB List - Sets containing 30 00 1632 (Viking, green and yellow clothes, fur cape))

If you want an army in a uniform made of mattess ticking (cover material), these are the legs you need cheng!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 00:39:13 »
('Knud' to his friends)
so no, I would not describe him as rare. But you knew all that!
30 00 1632 (Viking, green and yellow clothes, fur cape)
If you want an army in a uniform made of mattess ticking (cover material), these are the legs you need cheng!

thanks GrahamB!
I tried to translate 'knud' = 'nodal'? 8}

ok, not rare in your opinion since he came in 5 sets = I can irreversibly customize these legs without guilt (hopefully my samurai wont seen as wearing uniforms  :P )

I've that set with "30 00 1632 (Viking, green and yellow clothes, fur cape)"
rare as he was I never kept him intact for even a day, somehow I didnt find his clothes interesting in those combinations

purple and grey stripes reminds you of mattress ticking? hehe! ...definitely not a common pattern in my part of the world....medieval Japanese men, perhaps  :P

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 08:44:22 »
Knud is the name someone gave this klicky (sort of a generic Nordic name, like Lars or Sven) back in the days when a few klickies were lucky enough to have names, though I think the names were added by PM enthusiasts (perhaps Heather herself?), not Geobra.

Mattress ticking is really blue and white pinstripes, I was being economical with the truth there!

I agree with you about that other Viking 30001632, not a wonderful colour combination!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 08:53:40 »
Knud is the name someone gave this klicky (sort of a generic Nordic name, like Lars or Sven) back in the days when a few klickies were lucky enough to have names, though I think the names were added by PM enthusiasts (perhaps Heather herself?), not Geobra.

It was Heather, I remembered seeing this a while back:

I named them after characters in "The Viking Five", a terrific fan video, years ago. (Except for Nessie's pet Viking, that's just me being silly. There is also a Dragon's pet knight.) I haven't watched this in way too long, glad to be reminded of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydl26r5YJ6E

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:49:15 »
Knud is the name someone gave this klicky...

Mattress ticking is really blue and white pinstripes...

thanks for all you clarifications GrahamB!

and Heather, whatever you choose to name them, they will be 'Gospel' to me :)