Author Topic: Just treated myself to the 5302 Grande Mansion  (Read 10450 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Just treated myself to the 5302 Grande Mansion
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 23:32:29 »
I love the L shape myself. I've played with a lot of dollhouses as a kid, and I think this shape really opens up the back and makes it a lot easier to play with what's inside, even while reaching around the staircases. It's a great idea. It is a little different from the front, but I don't think it looks bad at all, and I think it could add a lot of interest to a street.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 00:02:41 »
Yup, I do wish it could be joined with another set or two. Too bad about the roof not being expandable. But it is good to stack extra floors on because they decrease the amount of floor space it requires.

Hubby has looked at many wooden dollhouses and offered to build some for me, but I know he would rather be working on his N-scale model trains. So the 5302 is a great solution....I can build it and will like it, and he can continue working on his trains. And the prices of the nicer wooden ones are outrageous.

Yup again, it is a high price by the time it is furnished. So the whole thing is not a loss leader, and PM has to make a decent profit. I hope they do so they can stay in business a long time and keep making better city houses and doll houses! ;D ;D ;D

Cheerio, Pgal :wave:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:01:29 by playmogal »
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:17 »
I love the L shape myself. I've played with a lot of dollhouses as a kid, and I think this shape really opens up the back and makes it a lot easier to play with what's inside, even while reaching around the staircases. It's a great idea. It is a little different from the front, but I don't think it looks bad at all, and I think it could add a lot of interest to a street.

oh that is the L shape? (why it's called like this?)

hmmm... i don't really like it , it makes the house look a little small (because deoesn't have a large front face)  it would be better to have one more wall on the side .. or to can connect two 5302
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:21 »

oh that is the L shape? (why it's called like this?)

Because it's shaped like an L, alex.  :hmm:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 18:21:07 »
Because it's shaped like an L, alex.  :hmm:

oh !!  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 02:02:19 »
The 5302 box arrived last night and is big and heavy! I opened it today to take out a window, window insert, window frame, door frame, door, wall and roof piece so we could think about the final color scheme. Then we selected spray paint from Lowe's and sprayed the roof and window inserts. They look great! (Go to the painting thread to get more info about painting a 5302 and photos of today's work.)

Next I pulled out the ground floor baseplate and began building that floor. The first floor lighting kit is now in, and tomorrow I will finish the walls on that floor with a little luck. Can't wait to put the furniture and Klickies in and TURN ON THE LIGHTS!!!

We did remove the wall paper already installed on the top floor, and will decide later whether or not to use that pattern. I prefer painting the walls a solid color and using accessories and rugs to add color.

So far it has gone well, but I have a lot of building to do tomorrow. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!