Author Topic: Hey from the UK  (Read 1755 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Hey from the UK
« on: February 01, 2020, 15:32:03 »
I'm a new member from the West Midlands, UK & wanted to say hello.

I didn't have Playmobil as a child (I had the LEGO with the larger figures that came out around the same time) & only got into Playmobil in the late 90's as an adult.  My additions have been rather a sporadic since then, but I go through phases & regularly come back to it. My "collection" is quite small, but my love for Playmobil definitely isn't.  I really love the early figures & their classic design & I'm one of the weirdos who loves the unpopular Easter bunny sets. I like bits & pieces from many of the themes - I definitely have specific things that I love, but it's not something that's covered by a few marketed themed lines.

My earliest purchases were a bit random - mostly special sets from the late 90's/early2000s, then just over 10 years ago I bought some Playmobil houses & furniture to use for similar sized dolls, & ended up getting sucked in more  I'm in Playmobil mode again currently & finally wanted to join up here, rather than continue to lurk.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hey from the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 18:56:44 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your collection...

You are not alone about the bunnies... though I find them somewhat creepy, I do have a few.. and there are people who also love them about...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 19:23:41 »
A warm welcome from the North Yorkshire coast.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 19:27:18 »
A cold and damp welcome from Edinburgh.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 21:25:57 »
Welcome to PF, klickyklack! I hope you'll like it here. Please do post when you feel like it.

What is it with the British Playmofriends? They are the only ones I know of who come to PM as adults.

Btw: I'm a Dutchman but live in Bavaria/Germany. And I loved PM as a child, and again as an old man.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 21:38:58 »
Thank you for the welcomes!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your collection...

You are not alone about the bunnies... though I find them somewhat creepy, I do have a few.. and there are people who also love them about...

They're definitely odd  :lol: I started out wanting the mushroom structure from the school set, & then over time the bunnys burrowed their way into my heart too.  I've been working on adding all of them to my little collection & just 1 left to get now.

What is it with the British Playmofriends? They are the only ones I know of who come to PM as adults.

Hi StJohn! What's weird is that I have no recollection of Playmobil at all from my childhood - I just didn't see it around & only became aware of it later (maybe in the 80's?).  I grew up in a single parent family too & toys weren't something I had in abundance.  The toys I grew up with were LEGO, Sindy, Pippa, & I missed out on Playmobil & Lundby (both of which I love now).

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 22:01:39 »
Welcome from Oregon!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 22:40:35 »

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 11:08:43 »
 :welcome:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 07:04:29 »
Welcome from me, in another part of the UK!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)