Author Topic: Playmobil Crash Test Dummy and other Series 19 Figures  (Read 9987 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil Crash Test Dummy and other Series 19 Figures
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2021, 10:42:18 »
:doh: You're absolutely right! The funny thing is, I do have one 5788 Griffin Knight in my boxes – but he completely slipped my mind. The bodies are indeed identical, and the figure is pretty much the same as the version that I did just now. Some memory must have guided me.

I am always afraid to klick someone I klicked before....

It just means I'll never be able to give up on scouring eBay 8}

Yep! Since playmobil does not want the money for themselves, right?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2021, 11:44:54 »
The Wild Boar Knight is quite something, at any rate.

"Orc" has meanwhile been established as its name, and this figure really is the cream of this series. I mean, philosophically speaking Crash Test Dummy may be unmatched* but I cannot see much play potential there for myself. That is very different with Orc, as is being demonstrated in another thread. He works best in groups:

I have rounded up a gang of 10, which should be enough for my needs.

Orc's body is the moulded breastplate of the Romans figures, which really only accommodates one type of belt: the sword-belt with loop on front; all others do not fit the body sculpt, including the brown fur one supplied in the bag. So that needs changing.

Orc's arms are muscular, first seen with the Hoplite in Figures Boys 11 and a pirate of around the same time. I didn't like them much on either one, but do enjoy them in this instance. The arms seem to work better here because of his heavier, sculptured body and especially because of the long armguards that cover the skinny lower arms. These look splendid on muscle arms, and should be applied to each and every muscle arm in the catalogue.

I'm having a hard time finding regular bodies of the exact same colour as Orc. So far I have only found one, on a tomb robber, shown above. Playmofriends, I need your help: are there more?

Orc's weapon is from the Temple Guardians. His shield is nice, but not necessarily in great numbers. I don't care much for the helmet.

Pretty happy with this guy!

Best wishes
StJohn

* Playmobil is unique as a toy concept solidly centred on the human body, so what superb self-reflection to launch a replicated replica of what you have been replicating since the beginning!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:52:11 by StJohn »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2021, 11:54:20 »
"Orc" has meanwhile been established as its name, and this figure really is the cream of this series.

I agree with your assessment..  ;D 

The belt was very disappointing - well, not the belt, the torso used was the problem. Would have worked better with a printed armor, imo.

Still didn't get there (s19, I mean)... I imagine I will face the same problem - matching color. I will let you know if the poptubs produce any other match ;)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 15:56:49 »
Finally found series 19 in stores. Out of 9 bags, I only got a set of double.
I got: the adventurer, bard, orc, astronaut, crash test dummy, MMA fighter x 2, doctor and the knight.
This series is pretty cool.