Author Topic: Playmobil Down?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
Playmobil Down?
« on: January 29, 2024, 11:10:40 »
It seems that Playmobil site(s) are off, probably wordwide (!!). I have checked the ones in Germany, England and Greece !

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil Down?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 12:24:59 »
Playmobil Belgium works, and it looks like it's been renewed.
The website is structured differently, it looks different, and I can't find the DS tab, but instead themes like the nostalgic dollhouse are now grouped in with the regular dollhouse sets. Maybe/hopefully that's the reason?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 12:42:42 »
UK site is back up, but it has had a refresh (looks like it might be more 'mobile friendly'?). UK still had Playmobil Plus separately - but the sets have always been grouped under both here (I'm not sure if the site has more rational grouping of sets now).

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 12:44:07 »
yes, it seems that they changed the web site(s) overall look and feel... Don't know if I really like this new site !!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 12:48:09 »
Playmobil Belgium works, and it looks like it's been renewed.
The website is structured differently, it looks different, and I can't find the DS tab, but instead themes like the nostalgic dollhouse are now grouped in with the regular dollhouse sets. Maybe/hopefully that's the reason?

On the UK site if you hover over "New & Exclusive". there is a drop down with, under Excluvise, Playmobil Plus.

I'm not over-enamoured of the site at first use.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 13:18:37 »
Seems we are back having to click "show more"...

And can't add anything to cart from the details.. only the lists...

And now we're (almost all?) .com , instead of .pt, .es, .de...

And I get the german site when I did... something. Without meaning to. (ours is still in that insulting mix of pt-br + es)

Also, is there a direct url for a part number, as before?

We'll see if they get their acts together.. 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 19:56:56 »
I've done a search for building instructions for an old item, the 3880 fire engine and they aren't there.  I imagine this applies to most of the earlier items, or will the database be built up gradually?

A search on spare parts for the VW Beetle - hubcap and bootlid - comes up out of stock
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 07:39:57 »
Eugh, site looks ok but no spare part search URLs can initiate from a script/spreadsheet is painful.

I managed to lose the flag holder from top of the Red Coat Caravel on a trip to put it on a model boat lake (with the RC unit). Now each time look for spare parts it’s a very manual process

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 08:05:45 »
Eugh, site looks ok but no spare part search URLs can initiate from a script/spreadsheet is painful.

Exactly!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 08:11:03 »
That inability to search using a script is a devastating blow. Mind you, I haven't tried it yet.
Parts finder is still there and the ability to get missing/ damaged parts free of charge is a great addition.
Some instruction sheets from 2023 sets seem to have been taken off as well as older ones.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)