Author Topic: Aloha from Hawaii  (Read 1036 times)

Offline sassgrunt

• Playmo Pal
Aloha from Hawaii
« on: April 27, 2022, 17:37:48 »
I have been converting Playmobil trains and old timer trucks for several years, but never posted anything because I am the MOST technically-challenged person on the forum and never have learned how to take and post pictures.  I was putting off introducing myself until I figured out how to do that, so that I could also share some of my builds, once I started conversing with you folks.
We got our first Playmobil train set when Sears was selling the "Western" set back in about 1984.  They had a large oval running above the clothing racks in the children's department.  We couldn't afford a new set back then, but after two years of them having it on display and several crashes from that six-foot height, they retired the display, and we bought the two partially damaged train sets and lots of track. I turned on into a Forney and never looked back.  -Mike

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Aloha from Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 18:01:14 »
Welcome from Portugal! :)

Looking forward to pics - there is a Technical Support/Testing board, so...  ;)   

And of course, ask whatever you don't understand - nobody knows everything, but between all of us, we might sort it out!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 22:17:53 »
Welcome! :) As tahra said, we'll help with anything that we can!
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 07:04:50 »
Welcome sassgrunt (interesting name)!
That Sears train set was a lucky catch! I wish something like that would happen to me :-[
Graham
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 09:26:13 »
Hi Sassgrunt!

Welcome to our little corner of the world wide web.
Really looking forward to seeing your customs.

All the best,
Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 15:57:29 »
Welcome from another train fan in the UK.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 20:05:38 »
Welcome from a train fan in Oregon!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 20:33:51 »
Welcome

Let us know if you need help figuring out how to use a camera or loading pictures…..you’ll find out soon enough we all want to see your customs
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 18:59:33 »
Hello from the mainland Mike!

I’m in the Los Angeles area and have the old Steaming mary western train. I have always admired the Sears train. Looking forward to seeing your pics!! Welcome to playmofriends  ;D