Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28119 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 18:19:15 »
So lets take a look at the pieces!!!

You can see the steck-like male and female endings of each part attachment 1

you can also see some system-x holes... What you will see further on is that actually no system-x hole is visible when the whole castle is set up! This is one good part! No longer annoying holes....

You will also see attachments 2 and 3 that at some parts, and as shown earlier, some parts have one side steck-like endings and the other system-x!

This must be because, in order to avoid instability, like the previous Knights Empire Castle, playmobil designed the corners to be steck-like connected so that the castle won't fall apart once its picked up!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 18:32:08 »
How connecting works!

Here we have the northwestern corner of the castle before assembling attachment 1

Although this is steck, its not the old four teeth/edges kind of steck... it has wider teeth/edges and they are spread equally on the whole surface of the sides... Fitting the two parts together makes this corner really strong and tight!!! attachments 2 & 3

You will also see the system-x connectors on each side of the corner...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 18:32:42 »
A very interesting review, Panos.  Looking forward to the rest before I comment on the castle irself.

Ooops!  Sorry, I thought that you'd finished for the moment.   :-[
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 18:34:47 »
A very interesting review, Panos.  Looking forward to the rest before I comment on the castle irself.

Ooops!  Sorry, I thought that you'd finished for the moment.   :-[

Thats ok Gordon! Glad to see you're watching this closely!! Have a long way to go actually!!!  :) :) :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 18:40:34 »
Lets see a narrow tower next to this corner!

Here are the pieces attachment 1

and here they are assembled and ready to fit at the previous corner with the system x connectors attachment 2

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 18:43:06 »
Great review so far, Panos! I'm wondering how far customisers will take this new building system?  :uhoh:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 18:53:40 »
Now the big tower!

These parts make a four sided square tower attachment 1, maybe stable at the groundfloor, a trapdoor on the fist floor (which should make the ground floor a dungeon but there is no iron bars gate at the groundfloor...there should be...) and battlements on top!!!

Floors actually slid into place, to fit a steck like slit!!! attachment 2

This is the first floor and I like how the ladder is close to the wall!!! Not making a shape like that ( \ ) ladder like the old castles!!! More room to maneuver!!! attachment 3

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 18:55:43 »
Great review so far, Panos! I'm wondering how far customisers will take this new building system?  :uhoh:

Thank you kenc! I will experiment later to see how easy it will be to use these walls with older steck parts...but from what I've seen so far, I am not sure there is much hope...There are pieces however that would fit the previous system x editions nicely!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 19:08:05 »
The first part is complete!

You will notice that system x holes are covered very nicely! Just to give you an idea where the connectors fit! attachment 1

Once the whole tower is build, there is an interesting feature!!! There is a chain that can be attached at the ladder and pass through a slit on the wall, reaching the other end... This will be great fun to kids I think as they can make some great scenarios there... attachment 2

So first part of the castle is ready!!! We have a very stable steck corner and very tight system x connection points! The system x holes as you can see are not visible so aesthetically we are covered... attachment 3

The main room/hall might not be much but I think its nice to have an open space for more recreative playing...The throne room at the previous Knigts Empire Castle was too narrow to use...I point out again, that there should be an iron bars gate at the ground floor!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 19:23:10 »
Compartment 2 of the box!

These are the parts loose in the compartment 2 of the box attachment 1

The gate is very interesting and, as you'll see later, it has some interesting features! The two wall parts make the steck southeastern corner of the castle... attachment 2

There are two kinds of flags and a new, more narrow, type of flag hanger! attachment 3