Author Topic: Rifle boxes - removing text  (Read 697 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Rifle boxes - removing text
« on: February 06, 2023, 06:31:46 »
I’m looking to get for my Pirates theme a couple rifle boxes.

I’d prefer the brown ones seen in older Western sets but not found any and unavailable with UK DS (parts 30647110 and 30461810)

My best bet are these parts in blue:
  • 30633833 - lid
  • 30457620 - base

Previously I’d considered the blue ones but couldn’t get the alternate lid that had a redcoats symbol on it (30624960), that was in the System X prison fort 3112.

As the Western set is still around am thinking would it be possible to remove the white writing and decoration on the lid?

Here’s the manual (parts are seen bottom left of page 6)
http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/5248_buildinginstruction?locale=de-DE,de,*
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 07:12:57 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Rifle boxes - removing text
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 14:24:15 »
See my reply to your query about removing marks, but why not repaint the lid?  One of the Humbrol acrylic paints (they are available in matt, gloss and satin) is probably a good match.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 03:17:51 »

Various ways to remove paint but magic eraser (cleaning sponge) is pretty good at doing it and it's easily available at supermarkets. Gentle rubbing and some patience should take the paint off. You just add a bit of water to the sponge first.
Modify message

Right thread this time.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 08:27:39 »
Thanks both, I’m awaiting the DS agent to come back and will put two of these boxes through to give it a go. Once I receive them will post here with how I get on.

They seem like such an obvious accessory for the Redcoats at least (and a built in sorting accessory to help with tidying toys!) shame they haven’t put them in a set for them.