Author Topic: How do you organise your Playmobil?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: How do you organise your Playmobil?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 03:28:20 »
When I first became interested in PM it was when I was sorting my children's collection into sets. This has become an obsession for me now. I have to have a complete set for all the things I am interested in. Few of these are in original boxes. I store sets in themes, largely. If I want to find a specific part, I usually have to use PlaymoDB to find which set it is in.

Have you thought about doing your own inventory using something like excel? Then if you wanted to find all your green apples you could do a filter search and the results would be specific to the sets you have.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 08:43:11 »
It's a good idea, but it would be a massive file, let alone how long it would take to create. I find using an Excel file to keep tabs on which sets I have and using PlaymoDB to track down specific parts works well enough for me. Mind you, for early sets, where the DB is rather incomplete, having my own database or spreadsheet would be useful and I have made a start on that.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2021, 15:51:50 »
It certainly depends on how you play with and display your Playmobil, but I find Raven's multi-container approach to be quite intuitive. This approach allows you to organize from general to specific, using any categorization system you choose, and can be adapted depending on how much you have of various items. White flowers in a small baggie, pink flowers in another, yellow in another, etc.; all of the smaller baggies go into a larger "flowers" bag; this "flowers bag" goes into a larger container called something like "plants," which could include trees and vines and ferns; the "plants container" could go into a larger "outdoors/nature" container along with animals.

Personally, I find steck pieces a joy to organize neatly into boxes by type.
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2021, 07:43:18 »
Personally, I find steck pieces a joy to organize neatly into boxes by type.

Steck I manage well enough... though since it's by type, ANYthing I wanna do requires poking in several crates, in heavy crate piles. But I see no solution for that.

How about SystemX? How do the experts organize those?  I really don't know all the parts and such, so.. it's complicated. I just know the darn holes are usually NOT where I need them. I must be doing something wrong.  :-[

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 16:57:39 »
The real question is not how someones organizes the collection; rather it is where to store the collection. I think most of the "old" collectors are running out of space!  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 18:14:26 »
The real question is not how someones organizes the collection; rather it is where to store the collection. I think most of the "old" collectors are running out of space!  ;D

True. I STILL think space IS the biggest problem. Except if you won the lottery or something, I find that a bigger issue than money, on the long run.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2021, 22:59:00 »
Are you saying there needs to be more...Playmospace?  :paddy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 18:03:46 »
Are you saying there needs to be more...Playmospace?  :paddy:

:lmao:

Wallet: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2021, 17:17:13 »

Whenever I´m lucky, I can still find the fridge. (And no, I don´t want an app that makes it shout where it is.)
And though I sleep indoors, I do that MISB (Mostly In Some Boxes).  ::)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2021, 17:46:30 »
Whenever I´m lucky, I can still find the fridge. (And no, I don´t want an app that makes it shout where it is.)
And though I sleep indoors, I do that MISB (Mostly In Some Boxes).  ::)

:lmao: :lmao:

(though.... you may be on to something...............)