Author Topic: something strange...  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
something strange...
« on: January 22, 2011, 14:59:27 »
I am rediscovering my love for the police theme these days.

I just received a big order from Playmobil Hellas on police sets and started working on a few things...

One..eh... six of the sets i got was the 7385 - 3 Police Officers When i first saw the pic of that set i noticed the clothes had no markings or insignia on them... the hats have no insignia, the body armour has no insignia... I though maybe its a prototype and playmobil did not loose any time with printing the catalogue...but then... ??? Notice the difference in the first pic between the body armour and helmet of a 4264 police headquarters and the equivelant parts of a 7385 (you will also see my SWAT team of which I am very proud of  ;D) the word police is written on the 4264 parts while on the 7385 parts there is nothing written  ???

Also notice the difference between the hats from 7385 and 7385 police chief, from the regular set hats... where is the insignia on the DS hats  ???

I was wondering if this is the case with older DS sets as well, like 7798 and 7799 (although the pics of these sets clearly shows there is printing of insignia on them...)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: something strange...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 15:18:52 »
This is strange... maybe for the DS sets they didn't want to bother with the different printing for the different languages... but that doesn't make sense, because they should already be set up to print those same pieces. Very odd.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 15:34:37 »
This is strange... maybe for the DS sets they didn't want to bother with the different printing for the different languages... but that doesn't make sense, because they should already be set up to print those same pieces. Very odd.

Yes the thought occured to me that, since they would be producing multiple sets for different countries, they did not bother to print half german half american/european... maybe this way they reduced their cost production...

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 15:47:35 »
That does seem a bit mean, but at least you got what you saw in the photo. Maybe you could switch kit so they have POLICE either on their jackets or helmets. 

I like your SWAT team, very smart. I have something similar but my Anti-Terrorist team wear black.

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 17:07:19 »
I love your swat team. I may have to send my team over to do a covert extraction of of some of your team. you can never have enough swat team members.
Maybe you could switch kit so they have POLICE either on their jackets or helmets. 

i agree that might be the best way.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 18:39:47 »

Thanks  ;D I combined the following parts:

arms and torso from 7384 police chief
legs from the police officer in 5878 blister pack
the body armour and helmets you already know

A good idea to switch the helmets and amour but i am a freak for uniformity  :-[ ...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 22:32:17 »
A good idea to switch the helmets and amour but i am a freak for uniformity   :-[ ...

I'm glad you said that Panos, so am I :-[! I wonder how may other collectors here are this way?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 22:34:52 »
Well it does seem like a police force or SWAT team, or fire brigade should all have matching uniforms. I know it drives chris crazy that most police set will come with two cops in totally different clothes. If they're on patrol together, shouldn't they be in the same uniform?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 22:37:43 »
If they're on patrol together, shouldn't they be in the same uniform?

That's my philsophy, & with Playmobil I can make it that way :evilplan:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 22:59:48 »
Yeap totaly flip when they have different uniforms... but good think we can change that as Bill says  ;)