Author Topic: 5129 Café  (Read 5687 times)

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
Re: 5129 Café
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 18:23:07 »
just had this in my hand a few hrs ago. looks intressting but when its not compatible than its ..  :hmm:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 18:34:34 »
An excellent review and pics, thanks! Sorry to see that it's snap-together construction. But I may use it my zoo anyway. I agree the new window is a great size and shape. I hope we see more of those, perhaps on a system x building. It's on my list, especially at such a good price!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:08 »
This is definitely on my list of things I want to get next year.  Thanks for the detailed review.   :)

naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:55 »
Very cool, neat little set.
Thanks for the review! :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 15:56:24 »
An interesting addition but apparently following a new route of simpler construction.  Playmobil seem to have gone from one extreme (the fiddly System-X) to the other (this one) and forgot that there is a good halfway house in Steck.

i couldn't agree more! :)

and great review, thank you for sharing highlandcattle!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:03 »
Thanks for the review, HC.  An interesting addition but apparently following a new route of simpler construction.  Playmobil seem to have gone from one extreme (the fiddly System-X) to the other (this one) and forgot that there is a good halfway house in Steck.

I agree with you here, Gordon. I mean steck isn't really a building system, it is more of a modular system. It is not like you can change a house into a spaceship with steck. It is not meant to do that and it would look like nothing. You can do this with LEGO and System X. But the trouble is that system X buildings and other constructions are always very ugly unless you have an awefull lot of decoration parts to finish of your building.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 13:55:41 »
I agree about System X being too plain. It takes a trainload of furniture, people and plants to make it look habitable.
It would be great if the walls came in different colors and they gave us more options for window inserts as to shapes and color. And some trim to cover the connector piece holes would be lovely. I am thinking of something based on Frank Lloyd Wright or Motawi tile designs that would dress up that trim or floor edge piece at the top of every wall. 
And it is so difficult to find 4x6 baseplates to finish any System X building of a decent size. Our dining table is covered by an unfinished set of boutique shops because I can't find large floor baseplates to finish the upstairs. Ugh.
Cut I still like System X and especially the lovely wedding church. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 08:31:01 »
Thanks for the great review.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda