Author Topic: New cargo Train Set 5258  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New cargo Train Set 5258
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 00:10:48 »
Better: HERE are the instructions of 5258.PDF (also for the USA)...

Unfortunately, the locomotive has only 3 levels of speed and the slowest is very (too) fast (see the video, posted by highlandcattle, it's the original speed of the loco).
With cars the engine is slower, but shunting with this loco is very difficult.

Thank for the info on the instructions. I too think it looks way to fast with out load and it will be causing a lot of damage in the freight yards.

Has anybody bought the other sets from this new batch of train sets ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 18:57:37 »
Which other sets do you mean?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 19:09:41 »
Which other sets do you mean?

5253, 5254, 5255, 5256, 5257, 5258, 5259 & 5261. they all seem to be grouped in the same theme

I want them all and look forward to their release in the US. I know seeing a review will only solidify my desire to acquire these sets and hopefully they are quite successful now that trains are gaining popularity again. I want them to succeed also for getting access to many used ones.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 18:39:34 »
We went to Nuremburg two weeks ago and visited the Playmobil Fun Park. I have now got them all so that I can display them at the Lytham exhibition next weekend.
I will be taking photographs of them and putting them on my web site.
I will let you know when I have done this. There is also 5262 in the series an 6300 the new airport building.
Have you tried any of the suppliers in Germany to send them to you?

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 21:29:31 »
Have you tried any of the suppliers in Germany to send them to you?
Exoneit, very cheap, ships also to other countries [CLICK HERE!], in Germany some people bought there.

But shipping is expensive from Germany to other countries (but also vice versa)...

If you can wait:  it's cheaper to wait until the sets will be sold in your country.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 21:41:38 by zugpferdchen »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 22:03:19 »
I usually buy sets when they are released with in the US. I hate buying and getting also charged for shipping fees. I am able to buy enough off the US web site to always get free shipping.

That European site has it listed at 88 euros or $114. That does not seem bad for a train but if I had to add 40 euros to ship it, well paying 1.5 times for any playmobil goes against my better judgment. I want 1/2 price playmo

I am not too interested in the 6300 as I have plenty of older airports that suit our needs. This does not really have anything new or special about it. The 5262 is basically the same set as the last airplane theme but in different colors. I like those carts and trailers but I will just pick them up used some day. I do find that one dad klicky very odd looking. That stripped shirt and the weird shorts/pants ??

I look forward to your diorama and pictures