Author Topic: 199 playmofriends  (Read 8437 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 199 playmofriends
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 13:34:33 »
I think this is because one of the members has put his account into "unactivated" status by changing the e-mail address on his profile.

He needs to click on a link sent to the new email address in order to reactivate the account. Then he should reappear in the member list and put the total back up to 200.

Hopefully he didn't make an error in his new e-mail address...

That was me, I wanted to replace my work email with my private email - I had no idea this would deactivate my account temporarily!

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 14:43:09 »
Hey guys I hate to bust anybody's bubble, but we may have 200 members on paper, but only like 15 of us ever post....    :'(

Joking guys...

Can we talk about cute little kittens?  You might offend somebody by suggesting you are in some way objectifying membership... turning flesh and blood human beings who live, breath, love, and die into numbers.

Actually... actually... this entire thread is mortifying and de-humanizing!  oh my gosh--oh my gosh!  It's just like Soylent Green... we're just... we're just... statistics, being ticked off like a philanderer's conquests...

Please, please, can we change the topic to something wonderful and positive?

I love everybody!  You are not numbers!  Oh my gosh!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 15:30:44 »

I'm sorry if our niceness offends your blackened heart, Tim.

Maybe it's time you found a more "cutting edge" forum? There's obviously not enough fellow cynics here for you to feel comfortable.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 16:03:18 »

202!

What the heck... maybe I will keep doing this. I'm starting to have fun keeping a tally now. ;D

Welcome to the forum, Jan! :wave:

Now all we need is for the other 8 people who are still pending to pay their membership fees. :crossed: ;)

That was me, I wanted to replace my work email with my private email - I had no idea this would deactivate my account temporarily!

No, it wasn't you! I re-activated you myself in the control panel when I noticed you'd gone unactivated too.  ;D :lol:

I've written to the member concerned (using 3 different email addresses to cover all bases) but haven't had a reply as yet. Perhaps they are away on business or holiday.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 19:34:09 »
two things came into my mind after reading a couple (meaning a pair) of replies posted on this thread:  :yup:
- a saying widely used in portugal - very few but very good (poucos mas bons).
- my personal motto - those who don't love us don't deserve us (quem não nos quer não nos merece).
if you want to keep track on ALL the new members arriving, you have my full support, sylvia (not that you need it)  :wow:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 03:56:49 »
two things came into my mind after reading a couple (meaning a pair) of replies posted on this thread:  :yup:
- a saying widely used in portugal - very few but very good (poucos mas bons).
- my personal motto - those who don't love us don't deserve us (quem não nos quer não nos merece).

Very nice cacholate :wow:

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 10:20:21 »
Well said, Cachalote !
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 17:29:20 »
february 05, 2009.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 20:59:52 »
Just wondering where we're at now, number wise??

I'm curious--was Timotheos kidding?  Surely everyone knows that we're not just numbers, yet that counting us as a number is sometimes necessary?  (And in some circles, we ARE just a number, though I don't think that's the case here!)  I'm afraid that, being new to using forums, I may not always recognize when something is said tongue in cheek! 

:)
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 22:01:42 »
23rd March 2009