Author Topic: New Starter - Hants  (Read 1168 times)

Offline PJM699

• Playmo Pal
New Starter - Hants
« on: September 09, 2019, 14:47:46 »
Afternoon all, just joined up after finding a reference on youtube. I am embarking on a modification of a 5258 locomotive and if that goes well, I am looking to knock up a Ffestiniog double-Fairlie (reminiscent of at least) for the garden railway. I'll let you know how I get on but  I may be on here a lot for assistance. I have two small boys which is my excuse but it's been great to get all my old Playmobil from my parent's loft. Here goes!
If ignorance is bliss- I should be ecstatic

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Starter - Hants
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 16:49:21 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I don't really know anything of trains, but I am looking forward to following your project :)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 17:15:12 »
Welcome from Italy!  :wave:

Yours sound like an intriguing project, bring it on!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 18:23:45 »
Welcome from Munich, Bavaria, DE! I hope you'll like it here.

This community is only small, but there are disproportionately many ultra-experienced train collectors aboard - perhaps close to half of the active members. Quite remarkable, really, but good for you! I hope you'll find fruitful exchanges.

Looking forward to follow your projects.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 20:14:43 »
A warm welcome from \North Yorkshire!  :wave:   

Your Fairlie project sounds very interesting.  I've sometimes looked at a couple of my 0-4-0 tanks and wondered along those lines.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 22:54:46 »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 06:23:21 »
A late welcome from me from Stroud in Gloucestershire. I missed your first post, but read your second one! I'm not a PM train collector, it's one theme I have managed to avoid (for the health of my bank account!), but as StJohn said, there are quite a few train experts on PF!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)