Author Topic: 4240 THE PYRAMID !!! BIG REVIEW !!!!!!!!!  (Read 11890 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4240 THE PYRAMID !!! BIG REVIEW !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 20:09:20 »
The pyramid have 3 sides closed, at front nothink, it stay open. And don´t try to buy one more by DS, your will not closed it because of "Turn door".

TJ
That is such a pitty . From all the pictures it sure looks like it could be closed up .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 03:08:22 »
Maybe they're big on chaos theory?

Maybe??! :hmm:

[Well ... I agree with Tim: they probably run away from chaos theory, and are only practiced by chaos itself ... (And certainly practice no chaos themselves at all 8} )

Proof of this is that they did this pyramid ... It looks like very fun to play with, but, well, I'm only taking a look at some pictures (I truly believe it must be a wonderful toy!). I'd love to make for one, but ... :-[ erm ... :P I'm in the beginning of my medieval (playmo)world, so ...
]

ENJOY the pics.

more soon..............

Thanks, Andi!

I'ts great to see this pyramid coming out of the box :)

How long you think it'd take to assemble it WITHOUT the stickers, btw? ... 8}

Gus
:blackhair:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:23:51 by Gustavo »
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 04:01:22 »
The pyramid have 3 sides closed, at front nothink, it stay open. And don´t try to buy one more by DS, your will not closed it because of "Turn door".

TJ

That's too bad, because it looks like it could easily work.  This was a very poor decision on Playmobil's part. :(
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 07:44:54 »

TJ

I disagree, TCJ. You can put in a fourth wall; as long as you push the "turn door" back. And indeed; you can't open it then. But purely for the way it will look, I am thinking of actually ordering a extra wall.

I am glad that they used stickers instead of printing. This way it is possible to order them and using them as the walls for small projects ... I am thinking of Tut's grave or something like that!

The only thing that had me disappointed is the Pharaoh that's included; or rahter - his wonderfull hat. I thought it was a hat; but unfortunately it is a hair piece  :-\. It would have been better if it had been a hat...
Oh well - you can't have everything.

BTW - what are your experiences? My two boys (aged 3 and 5) have played A LOT with it. I had it put together on wednesday and I took it down on sunday; for four days they'ev played with it. Not continually, but they got back to it each time. The secret slide specially was a big hit as were the secret rooms.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:54 »

GREAT NEWS, BOGRO !!!

I disagree, TCJ. You can put in a fourth wall; as long as you push the "turn door" back. And indeed; you can't open it then. But purely for the way it will look, I am thinking of actually ordering a extra wall.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 15:48:39 »
Can't somebody just take one of the Three walls that come with it and see if it fits on the side w/ the rotating door. After all it will be one ( unless they are all the same ) of them that we will need to order to fit it in .  ???  I want it to  be able to be closed up for displays and think this would be a big mistake if it can not be. :crossed:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tricornejock

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 17:07:27 »
Hi,

ok Bogro, that´s right. I give bad information and I excuse me. I´ve tryed just now, and when I pusch a "Turn door" back, then inside a pyramid, I can close completly this.

1000 sorry,

TJ

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 22:44:47 »
I hope I didn't offend you, TCJ. I truly didn't want to. So if I did - please accept my apologies.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 23:17:11 »

The only thing that had me disappointed is the Pharaoh that's included; or rahter - his wonderfull hat. I thought it was a hat; but unfortunately it is a hair piece  :-\. It would have been better if it had been a hat...
Oh well - you can't have everything.

Would somebody be able to do a close up shot of the hairpiece so I understand this?  You mean his "pharoahnic hat" is snap-on hair like the bald-headed guy parts?

-Tim   

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 00:12:46 »
I'm relieved to hear that the fourth wall will indeed fit.

I didn't know that the pharaoh's headpiece was in lieu of his hair.  Interesting, but that's fine with me.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: