Author Topic: Has anyone bought the 4746 Special Knight yet?  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: Has anyone bought the 4746 Special Knight yet?
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 17:31:49 »
I did buy it  - as I collect all Specials, I did have to.
But to be honest - I don't like it at all.
I don't like the sword; it's just too large to be kept in this scabberd and it's too large to be used in a normal belt.
I don't like the scabberd; it's just awkward in that spot and it's useless in carrying the sword as the sword keeps falling out of it
I don't like the handle of the shield..
I don't like the heraldry
I don't like the thingy on top of his helmet
And I don't like his armour much too.

I do like the colours used though
and the form of his shield
and his legs; which seem to me to be much more like real knights legs
and I do like his armourbits on the arms

But that's just me ...

Bogro

You're my man  ;D

I wouldve liked the knight to have been white instead of yellow. We've had so many knights in yellow: the lion knights from the current theme, the courageous special knight, this one etc etc etc. So much yellow!

Yesterday I was trawling Playmodb and I realised that the be-skirted knight legs that I use the most - the ones with the white skirt - were only used once: with the arab warrior! And the ones with the black skirt were only used ones too. No wonder it's so hard to track them down!

I don't mind the shield handles, though. I would however like some sort of clip handle which you could affix to the klick's arm, rather than hand. It would look a bit more realistic that way.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 17:09:23 »
Hi Folks,

More shameless self-promotion, but I've posted a formal review of this set here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7349.0 in case anyone might be interested  :wave:

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 19:22:31 »
I got one from Brussels some days go and I can't understand PMs decision to have him wear his scabbard on his right  ::) Is it because he happens to be left handed? But if he IS left handed he cant hold his shield properly in his right hand - the sword's hilt sticks out too much.  ::)

As AndrewL has observed in his review, the scabbard is secured on his right because the hole in the body that the peg sits in is on the right - because that hosle wa soriginally designed for police holsters. They used the same hole for the Pharoah's quiver, and it works there because it's easier to get an arrow from your right hip than your left, if you're right handed. It's easier still to reach over your right shoulder to get an arrow from a quiver on your back. It really doesn't work for a sword.