Author Topic: 4401 DHL Delivery Truck - Fuel opening?  (Read 4003 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
4401 DHL Delivery Truck - Fuel opening?
« on: January 02, 2006, 18:02:29 »
What's this opening at the side of the car about? It is at both sides of the vehicle. Depicted at the box there seems to be a yellow cap, which will fit to the color of the car itself. But I didn't find this (or something similiar) within the box. Interesting is also, that in contrast on the plan the schematic figure doesn't show the "yellow" cap either, like in real life there is this gray opening.

Has there been something missing within my box? What is this opening for?
Is this the fuel tank opening? If so, why are two of them? Maybe I should try in this case to find a cap for it; cf. also my discussion/thoughts about fuel caps.)
Or is this for something completely different (maybe the truck base is used for another set too in which the openings have a specific purpose).

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: 4401 DHL Delivery Truck - Fuel opening?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 18:06:40 »
Maybe that has something to do with the Remote Control Pieces that can be used for RC Vehicles? I haven't seen one of these up close before.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 18:25:45 »
Maybe that has something to do with the Remote Control Pieces that can be used for RC Vehicles? I haven't seen one of these up close before.

Hm, but this chassis seems not to be usable for RC ...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 20:57:24 »
My DHL van is just the same and had no other pieces.  I assumed that it was a fuel filler with two tanks refillable from different sides, although it's a strange place for such an item.

Maybe a close examination of an MB Sprinter will provde the answer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 06:26:30 »
The technical purpose of this part at the toy is clear: it's a clip to hold the chasis together with the top of the vehicle. But why the hole? Very strange.

BTW, I tried to "close" it with a fuel cap -- didn't look that good.  :(

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 18:47:54 »
Interesting point... No idea for what this hole might be...
I always thought it would be for refilling the car but never realized they are on both sides...

Jochen is right, the dhl truck is not RC-compatible...

But this truck will be the base for other (upcoming) cars like the new ambulance  (4221?). Maybe they already know something, we do not know yet... ;)

best regards,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen